 FAQ / 797 (-20)
  Re: what (who?) was the first artculated mini-fig?

1978 was the year (1 yr before classic space) (...) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.faq)

  what (who?) was the first artculated mini-fig?

hi! the subject line says it all. i just really wanna know. i've tried searching, but just ended up confused! was it a yellow (or white?) spaceman? ..or was it a cop? was it '79, or '81? at some point in lego-lution, the face/arm/leg-less (...) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Where can I buy rubber hose?

Thanks! I will check it out when I get the chance. Ron Mike Clemens <mclemens@email.com> wrote in message news:Fp9y2J.8L@lugnet.com... (...) for (...) are (...) local pet (...) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Where can I buy rubber hose?

(...) I seem to recall reading (*way* back on RTL) that aquarium air pump hoses are the same size as Lego hose, at least for the pneumatic sets. Try your local pet store. - Mike (25 years ago, 1-Feb-00, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: LUGNET FAQ (Was: Customizing Subgroup (was Re: Some Lego cleaning experiments))

(...) That's pretty much the idea. The FAQ could be served from LUGNET as a single page, or as snippets available from the different LUGNET categories. The FAQ is really two projects: collecting Q&A, and configuring the LUGNET server to serve it (...) (25 years ago, 31-Jan-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.faq)

  Re: LUGNET FAQ (Was: Customizing Subgroup (was Re: Some Lego cleaning experiments))

(...) I wouldn't mind drafting a small bit on cleaning or customizing lego. But I am not sure I see the point of doing so unless its going to be a linked page, perhaps with other FAQ subjects from the main FAQ page. Or is the idea to have people (...) (25 years ago, 31-Jan-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.faq)

  Where can I buy rubber hose?

Do you know where I can buy any extra length of rubber hose that is use for lego other than S@H? Ron (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.faq)

  LUGNET FAQ (Was: Customizing Subgroup (was Re: Some Lego cleaning experiments))

(...) Check out lugnet.faq ... Unfortunately, I don't have the time right now to actively maintain the FAQ. I had hoped I have gotten it on a good start, but it seems that it's a dead project at the moment. The biggest hurdle when I was still active (...) (25 years ago, 24-Jan-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.faq)

  Re: What is Microfig?

(...) There's an embryonic FAQ item on this very subject: (URL) you can get past the HTML formatting... :-, (...) Claim rights to the models you've created, sure! As for the term, I have no idea who coined it. Someone on rtl or LUGNET, I'm sure. (...) (25 years ago, 24-Jan-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.faq)

  [FAQ] Cancelling Messages using Newsreaders

keywords for searches: Cancel. Cancel Post. Cancel Message. Newsreader. Cancelling Messages. Delete. Deleting messages. The question of how to cancel messages comes up here on occasion. For those looking for the answer, the answer has been provided (...) (25 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: LEGO box

May I suggest trimmming the followups down to just storage at this point? I'd say we're off topic for most of the rest of the groups. (25 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.storage, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO box

As it is now, all my sets are in their respective boxes, piled up in my closet at my apartment. Lack of room to set up my town being the main reason. Once I do get the room I will set up my town again and probably just pile the empty boxes (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.storage, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO box

Z <leahy@concentric.net> wrote in message news:FoHy7y.Ivz@lugnet.com... (...) odd (...) like (...) pieces (...) are (...) I use my bricks for building, and I never put any set aside from the other pile of bricks and I only use 3-4 of the bigger (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.storage, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO box

(...) Sometimes I do capitalize it, and, yes, resistance is futlile. (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.storage, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO box

Ron Atkinson wrote in message ... (...) the (...) Having the box will generally make it easier to sell a set later, and you will generally get more for it. I keep all the boxes for sets which I don't break down for parts to be sold. I flatten all (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.storage, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO box

(...) I like the big pictures on the front (bigger than on the instructions on the large sets). And I like the alternate models on the back. So I keep the boxes. I do take out the cardboard inserts and flatten all but the largest boxes (which don't (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.storage, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO box

In lugnet.faq, Kieran Brady writes: --- snip snip --- (...) --- snip --- I have that one, has no use for it and will gladly give it away, you'll have to pay the postage though (it's rather big!) I live in Denmark. Mail me if you're interested. (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.storage, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO box

(...) I can see why someone would use a large one for storage. What I think is odd is that people sometimes collect the boxes. LEGO boxes just don't seem like the right material for a collection [especially if you never use the pieces [LEGO stuff is (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.storage, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO box

(...) sorting/storage. (...) I'm at ~35,000 pieces, and the boxes work fine, but then again, there's an entire room in my house pretty much dedicated to LEGO. I have about eight stackable large plastic containers about the size of LEGO tubs, two (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.storage, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO box

(...) "The Collective?" :) We are the Brick. Resistance is futile. You will be disassembled. (...) I try to keep one of each type of set box I own. Now, I do have an extra Explorien Starship box, but it's in Detroit (so ask me again in a few (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.storage, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact