 FAQ / 793
Re: LUGNET FAQ (Was: Customizing Subgroup (was Re: Some Lego cleaning experiments))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.faq
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2000 18:49:54 GMT

Richard Marchetti wrote:
In lugnet.general, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
Unless you wouldn't mind pitching in...  :-,
I wouldn't mind drafting a small bit on cleaning or customizing lego.  But I
am not sure I see the point of doing so unless its going to be a linked page,
perhaps with other FAQ subjects from the main FAQ page.  Or is the idea to
have people search a subject in this subcategory?

That's pretty much the idea.  The FAQ could be served from LUGNET as a single
page, or as snippets available from the different LUGNET categories.

The FAQ is really two projects:  collecting Q&A, and configuring the LUGNET
server to serve it appropriately.  I gave project #1 a start; Todd has several
things in the queue before he can do project #2.

If you have some long FAQ that could be linked from the main page, I am
unclear as to why Todd doesn't just place the link to it there.  I tried the
geocities link to no avail...

Alas, the Geocities stuff has been blown away.  The lugnet.faq ng contains all
the FAQ material I had collected, however.  I might have the HTML output from
my test script somewhere, if you want a copy of it...

Cheers,
- jsproat

Change is good, but you can't keep it in your pockets forever.