 FAQ / 1197
Re: whay cant i post on brickshelf!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.faq
Date:
Tue, 11 Sep 2001 02:44:49 GMT

In lugnet.faq, Tony Hafner writes:
I've had the same problems in the past.  I eventually just gave up on
uploading from work and doing it from home.  But as I'm on a modem, that is
far to painful to be worth doing on a regular basis.

At one point, I attempted to upload multiple files at the same time (the
theory being that each would run slower, but at least I could walk out of
the room and do something else for half an hour).  But I discovered that as
soon as you try to browse or upload while you are already uploading,
Brickshelf logs you out (after waiting for your upload to run for forever
and then fail).

You can only have one session active that's doing anything with Brickshelf
if you are logged in...  To upload multiple files, pack them in a zip and
upload that. (keep the zip under 10M as that's a hard limit... I stick to 2
or 3M for best results)

Is it possible that Brickshelf is tracking connections by IP address and
then failing for some reason when 2 people are using the same address?  We
have a lot of people at work, and everything runs through a proxy.  If
someone else navigates to Brickshelf through the same proxy, would this
cause them to log out?

Can't rule that out but I thought the session limit was due to the way
cookies are done to track you being logged in. Just guessing.

Kev was posting to this thread so can be authoritative

++Lar

During a bad network outage here, I was told of an alternate proxy server we
have.  I've actually been able to use this server to upload, and my theory
is that fewer people use it so it's less likely that someone else is
navigating to Brickshelf at the same time.  Again, does this make sense?

--
Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com