 FAQ / 1191
Re: whay cant i post on brickshelf!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.faq
Date:
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 18:01:14 GMT

In lugnet.faq, Kevin Loch writes:
The "automatic logout" effect (you can confirm this by noticing that
his username linke disappears and is replaced with the login link) is
always due to cookie problems.  Either his browser isn't sending the
cookie back or it's being blocked by some other mechanism.  You might
want to check "security zone" settings if you are using windows/ie.

It's also possible that he is going through a web proxy/cache that
is blocking the cookies.

KL

Kevin - I was wondering if you or someone else can help me on this as well.
I just registered myself on Brickshelf (#3871) (I have yet to receive any
"notification email", but at the end of the registration process it said
something like "successful"). On all computers where I work, using IE 5.5 or
6.0 with security settings and privacy settings (for IE 6.0) set to "Accept
All Cookies", all I see after I logon, is "[empty]" in my gallery - No "add
a folder" or "upload" links/buttons are visible.

I have no problems with cookies on any other site (including Lugnet). I have
verified that Brickshelf is not creating a cookie in the my profile's
"Cookies" directory (Using NT4, Win2000 or WinXP).

Any other thoughts?

Thanks
mark