 FAQ / 1155
Re: The commonfolk's FAQ
Newsgroups:
lugnet.faq, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 19:48:18 GMT

Hi Eric!

Don't apologize for getting off-track - I was just confused whether you
misread my post, or I misread yours. ;-)

In lugnet.faq, Eric Kingsley writes:
While I can't take credit for Duane's great idea this is even better than what
I was thinking.  I was thinking just a post with an allready defined Acronym
once a week to keep the visability of the page up in order to reduce the
number of Acronym questions.

I think it would be great if we could get all the Acronyms into a simple
Database and have some sort of a random acronym chosen from the list whenever
someone loads the LUGNET home page and displayed is kind of a dictionary type
format with the acronym and its definition.

Wow! I like that. Once it got coded, it would be no extra work to post it
"every week" or whatever.

I think that *in general* all of lugnet's FAQ is buried, not just my page. I
often wish Todd would give the help area of the site more attention, but
he's busy. I think he's of the mind that people can get around here on their
own... I dunno, I disagree, generally.

Shiri,  Sorry for getting off track a bit I think the commonfolks FAQ is a
good idea too.  I have just noticed a lot of people asking about Acronyms
lately and I have been trying to think about how to raise visibility of your
Acronym FAQ so people don't have to ask.

Like I said, don't mention it. I think I'm going to do that anyway, though -
it would be fun.

-Shiri