 Fabuland / 82
Re: Disney
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fabuland
Date:
Sun, 2 Apr 2000 15:28:10 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Wayne R Hussey <eskimo@uswestmail.net> wrote in message
news:Fry1Ir.J5v@lugnet.com...

The chassis on Mickey's car is a MODIFIED Fabuland Chassis - it doesn't • have
the tow point on the nose (and I assume on the rear either). The Fence • piece
(picket) is definitely new. The lamppost is classic FL - but I think the • house
parts are new. They appear wider than classic FL. It could be that they • are
the old FL pieces surrounded by bricks (I'd like that). The roof pieces • look
like CFL. The birdcage is (now) common with Belville Castle. I cannot tell • for
sure, but I believe that the heads (Mickey and Minnie only) will only • swivel.
Their bodies look like they have the same hip-only joint of CFL. I expect • the
feet will surround one stud - maybe two studs, but not open in the back • like
CFL. I'll wager that Pluto's head moves up and down, and that the tail • will be
similar in "softness" to the vine pieces, which means it should bend a • little
and probably swivel as well. Minnie's car has no "chassis", it's made of a
plate and other bricks. The bucket "seat", windshield, radiator brick and • tow-
truck hook are CFL.

Thanks Tobias for the scan. I've been looking for it ever since the • retraction
scan hullabaloo a couple months ago.

My two studs worth

Wayne

Bingo Wayne.  Chassis looks modified.   From Kevin Loch's site scans.  CFL
w/tow pt.
http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/3000/3670/3670-08.html  and
http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/3000/3670/3670-12.html

Compare to the new Mickey Mouse tow truck from scan generously provided by
Tobias  Moller, http://m1.876.telia.com/~u87609425/binaries/disneylego.jpg

Thanks Tobias, Kevin and Wayne!
sheree