 Events / BricksWest / 681
  Re: Brickswest animation festival: how was it?

"Stefan" <wandrer@wanadoo.nl> wrote in message news:HAGLzM.L33@lugnet.com... (...) to (...) been (...) films (...) I got a real kick about it; the ani was great work. There are some tweaks that need to be done that most have already spoke of. One (...) (21 years ago, 20-Feb-03, to lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.animation)

  Re: Brickswest animation festival: how was it?

(...) I can't believe that they did that again (taped videos playing on a pc monitor)! My videos were a victim of this "process" at the BrickFest 2002 Animation Festival and I felt both embarrassed and furious at the way they were presented - (...) (21 years ago, 20-Feb-03, to lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.animation)

  Re: Brickswest animation festival: how was it?

Adrian, I am interested in exploring your idea for video like the one Eric and Jeff from RTL showed. Are you thinking about having LUGs and individuals create non-animated videos of their work? I think this would be a great idea. As for the filming (...) (21 years ago, 20-Feb-03, to lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.animation)

  Re: Brickswest animation festival: how was it?

(...) I'm sorry that folks are upset at the videotaping process but as a non animator I was very very glad it was done. I'd rather see a videotape, even at degraded quality, instead of seeing someone struggle to play an animation, spending several (...) (21 years ago, 20-Feb-03, to lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.animation)

  Re: Brickswest animation festival: how was it?

In response to Greg's post... (...) Of the approximately 20 entries shown at BricksWest 2003, only 6 entries, amounting to less than 12 minutes running time (approximate) of over 110 mintues total running time were shown in this manner. All, and I (...) (21 years ago, 20-Feb-03, to lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.animation)

  Re: Brickswest animation festival: how was it?

(...) [snip] (...) Todd - your contributions are most certainly welcome by me and by many others. Please don't let the complaints of people who were not even in attendance bother you. I think you're doing a great job trying to improve future (...) (21 years ago, 20-Feb-03, to lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.animation)

  Re: Brickswest animation festival: how was it?

Tim, thanks for the positive comment, but I still need people to weigh in with their critiques. I have called for input before and no one has said anything. Maybe this upheaval will encourage others to get-it-off their chest and weigh in with (...) (21 years ago, 20-Feb-03, to lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.animation)

  Re: Brickswest animation festival: how was it?

(...) Yup, Todd, but you asked for constructive feedback, not attacks. I saw a lot of the latter today. (...) Sure, and I think you're doing a great job of taking the constructive criticism to put on better festivals in the future. If I were you, (...) (21 years ago, 20-Feb-03, to lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.animation)

  Re: Brickswest animation festival: how was it?

(...) I agree completely. Todd shouldn't have to bend over backwards. Also I was amazed to hear that some contestants weren't received until less than a week before the conference. There should be a deadline that is at least a MONTH before. If it's (...) (21 years ago, 20-Feb-03, to lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.animation)

  Re: Brickswest animation festival: how was it?

(...) That's exactly what I'd like :-) LTCs (and LUGs too) could film their events, layouts, as RTL Toronto, and add sound, music, maybe even a minifig in the layout giving a tour. Something like what Eric did would be cool. An idea I've got is the (...) (21 years ago, 21-Feb-03, to lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.animation)

  Re: Brickswest animation festival: how was it?

(...) Thanks for setting me straight about this (as Jared did in the BrickFilms forum) though upon reflection, it was of course pointless for me to have even posted on this topic since I wasn't a participant and it didn't affect me one way or (...) (21 years ago, 21-Feb-03, to lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.animation)