 Events / BricksWest / 355
  Re: A BricksWest Critique?

(...) I haven't seen this mentioned in this thread, but I think it's an important issue - I did not attend BricksWest last year - mainly because it was held in southern CA. I live in the SF Bay area, and traveling down there would have required a (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Re: A BricksWest Critique?

(...) What about those of us who traveled half-way across the country to visit BricksWest? Care to guess how much time and $$ it cost us? *Several* people from the Bay Area drove down to Carlsbad. How about setting up a car pool for next year? No (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Re: A BricksWest Critique?

(...) I bring it up only because when Matt was originally soliciting ideas for the first BricksWest, he asked people where they thought it should be held. Why should this year be any different? My thinking was that if it were held in a different (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Re: A BricksWest Critique?

I'm certainly in favor of keeping the BW in LLCA. Alright, the fact I happen to live 40 minutes from the park does show bias on my part. But more important is what the people who own the park think. If BW were held in the Northwest (for example), do (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Re: A BricksWest Critique?

(...) That's a shame. It'll be a lot of fun. I too live in the SF bay area, and was able to attend BW last year very cheaply. I carpooled with another member of our club, and we stayed in a campground (which was not without its share of hassles, but (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Re: A BricksWest Critique?

The SF Bay Area is a ROTTEN place to consider having it, and I'm sure other people in BayLUG would agree. It would be vastly more expensive than holding it at LLC, especially since they are looking at hosting it IN the park fulltime this time. I (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Re: A BricksWest Critique?

I think I whined a little too much in my orignal post :-) The point I was trying to make is that people (and I was just using myself as an example - but I suspect there are others) have jobs, families - lives - and can't easily travel. Having (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Re: A BricksWest Critique?

You raise some interesting points about events. Here are some counter points to consider: - I don't think the market is yet saturated on brick cons. - Conventions which move from location to location each year have to contend with some negatives of (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.events)