 Events / BricksWest / 164
Re: Even More New BricksWest Sessions Added; Others Updated
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickswest
Date:
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 20:14:00 GMT

"Matthew Gerber" <matthew@digitaliris.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.events.brickswest, Tim Courtney writes:
I agree.  Looking at the schedule, there's not much going on at the same
time as the games, but not everyone is into gaming.  Can you (Matt) free • up
a room for other sessions where people don't necessarily want to • participate
in games?

There are no other rooms to free up...in fact, I'm still trying to drop • the
Club Room for Saturday use, just to save money. Like the Trains
BOF/BrickWars sessions, you'll have to share the available space, or break
out to a hotel room. The computer lab would be open for use during this
time, but I envisioned folks checking e-mail, LUGNET, etc. during this • open
time...if someone wanted to commandeer the lab for freeform sessions • though,
I guess that would be OK. (Or you could try your hand at the games...try
something new!)

Miscommunication on my part - perhaps, share a room between a session and a
game?

*shrug*  we are kinda limited on space....

That might eliminate the overlap in the other time slots.  I know I don't
want to be competing with LEGO Master Builder session for my Advanced • LDraw
session.  Heck, I WANT TO ATTEND the Master Builder session! :-)

One of those cases of "you can't please everyone". Some of this may just
have to be played by ear. If folks would rather skip your session to see • the
Master Builder, maybe ou can do what I mention above and commandeer the • lab
to hold it later, go for it.

Possibly.  That's a play it by ear thing.... if enough LDraw people aren't
interested in the games, that might be the way to go.  I'll still hold the
regularly scheduled session, no matter how bad I wanna see the master
builder session.

Not trying to be difficult on purpose here :-)  I'd just like to see a • bit
more freedom for people to attend more sessions they want to.

Yes you are...8?P

Am not.  Nyaaaaah. :P

I'm open to scheduling changes, but, again, it would be impossible to • please
everyone. I have given the presenters the leeway to choose their slot • based
on openings in the schedule, as they are the ones doing the hard work of
presenting...the problem is that those (like you Tim) that
developed/confirmed sessions early on had to wait and see what cool things
came later, and those just volunteering now have to make do with the slots
available...there really was no better way to build the schedule than • this,
it was all based on the timing of the presenters.

You're right there.  Waaaa..... I wish we had more time ;-)

I happen to think that there is a lot of freedom in the schedule myself, • and
lots going on to occupy everyones time.

I guess the video/DVD ideas are going to be a must, huh?

Yup!

-Tim