 Events / BrickFest / 378
  From Mike Walsh

"When will we see more windows and doors in other colors? When will see roof elements to make complex roofs in brown, sand red, etc.?" These two questions were asked in substantially similar form already and were answered as "we are aware of the (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: From Mike Walsh

(...) Uh oh. That sounds to me like, to get new stuff in they are going to have to drop some existing stuff out (once the limit is reached, whatever it is). IOW, buy what you need before it disappears, and if you don't realise you need it till it's (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: From Mike Walsh

(...) I have always envisioned that this is how the bulk offering would work. Items would be made available for 12 months or so to be replaced with new offerings. We cannot expect Lego to warehouse hundreds of bulk products and continue to add more (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: From Mike Walsh

(...) Yes, this would be what we expect. A potential problem, however, is the current lack of information available from TLC[1]. It would be reasonable to assume that some bulk parts will be perennials[2], while others will have limited stock[3] or (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: From Mike Walsh

(...) IOW, they can only handle a finite number of SKUs at one time. This sounds like a warehousing, inventory, fufilment, catalog space issue. Probably also has something to do with how much stock value they are willing to endure at any one time. (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: From Mike Walsh

(...) This has been my essential disappointment with the bulk selection so far and this 'upper limit' statement does not help instill my confidence. To me, being able to buy each brick or plate size individually is not worth it if I can't still get (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: From Mike Walsh

John Radtke wrote in message ... (...) had (...) whatever, (...) There's the problem right there - what is basic? To me, windows and trees are basic, but not to a spacehead. We really need to know what LD regards as basic and what will come and go. (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jul-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: From Mike Walsh

as the Lego Direct agent said bulk packs are an extreamly new setup they aer still working out how things will work. they are not sure so they certanily won't tell us yet the only reason yellow and blue showed up is cause they perceived a defiancty (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)