 Events / BrickFest / 3302 (-20)
  Automated Brick Layout Software Session

Can someone post info on this session that was scheduled for today at BrickFest? Who presented, a quick summary, etc. Thanks! Dustin (19 years ago, 14-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  BrickFest Photo Gallery Online

BrickFest Photos! Some preliminary photos (sans captions) are now available on the (URL) BrickFest web site> in the new (URL) Photo Gallery>. There will be many more in the next hours and days, take a few minutes to browse through them. Note: the (...) (19 years ago, 13-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  Re: Web Broadcast of Brickfest?

(...) I agree it was always nice to see the Webcams. I'm hoping there are going to be some but it doesn't look promising. Thomas (19 years ago, 12-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Web Broadcast of Brickfest?

(...) On a related note, is there going to be Webcams set up as in previous years? They're one of the consolations to not attending the Fest. Seeing as how it all starts in a matter of hours and there's no sign of a page for it anywhere, it's not (...) (19 years ago, 12-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Bring quarters

Lugnet minifigs will be available via coin-op machine again this year. -Suz (19 years ago, 10-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  FLL at BrickFest

Is anyone else planning on entering the FLL (First LEGO League) event at BrickFest? I think John's offering some of his really fine custom sensors for the best robots: (URL) hate to walk away with the top prize just because no one else showed up. I (...) (19 years ago, 10-Aug-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Heads up

(...) Nah, it was a minifig that just wouldn't take Rob's abuse without putting up a good fight. But I'm sure Rob won out in the end ;) (19 years ago, 10-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: If I could as KKK and TLG Chairman a question....

(...) Gary, What a wonderful question. I'll try to get it asked for you. I owe you one (think Leer Jet). Rich (19 years ago, 10-Aug-05, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Need airport pickup

(...) Hey Frank, Check your SPAM mail. Rich (19 years ago, 10-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Brickfest Orders taken (25% off!!) today at Missing Brick

I am one of the BrickBazaar vendors, but will only sporadically be selling, I have too much to see/do/talk/etc. I will bring a big tub of minifig parts, like last year, and a tub or two of assorted pre-bagged goodies and small sets. If there is (...) (19 years ago, 10-Aug-05, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Need airport pickup

I will be arriving at Reagan National (DCA) around 5 PM on Thursday. If anyone will be arriving at a similar time, or otherwise I can get a ride over to GMU, that would be handy (I will probably also need a ride later in the evening to the Comfort (...) (19 years ago, 10-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Heads up

(...) Darnit, Rob, how many times have I told you to wear eye protection when using a Dremel tool? ;) just had to throw my $0.02 from the peanut gallery. I promise not to ask about the shiner...now, maybe I'll ask Leah... ;) (nah, seriously, I won't (...) (19 years ago, 9-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest -- Bring your money

(...) I would imagine that costs aren't fixed from year to year, such as facilities, services, and administration. The price of facilities rental alone in the Washington D.C. suburbs has increased at almost the same pace as the real estate. (19 years ago, 9-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest -- Bring your money

(...) How do the proceeds benefit all attendees? I'm not trying to be sarcastic; I'm legitimately asking the question, because I really don't know. Brickfest has been at the same place, and the attendance is larger each year, but the admission fee (...) (19 years ago, 9-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest -- Bring Your MOC's Bring Your Money!

(...) Kevin- No problem; as always, the community has come through and a labor-for-corner arrangement appears to have been made. Thanks for the reply! LFB (19 years ago, 9-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest -- Bring Your MOC's Bring Your Money!

Ahhh, administratia! (...) That was part of my reason for posting here. See, what's happened is that I've been in the middle of southern Africa; I only got back three weeks ago, and the only thing I was able to do was actually register (then pay of (...) (19 years ago, 9-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest -- Bring Your MOC's Bring Your Money!

(...) This sounds positive to me! Lots of people selling. Yeah. Steve (19 years ago, 9-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  If I could as KKK and TLG Chairman a question....

Unfortunately I won't be at Brickfest, but if I were, I would love to ask KKK and the new Lego Chairman a question..... Dear Sirs, In 2005 TLG is celebrating 50 years of the "Lego System of Play" going back to 1955 with the introduction of the "Town (...) (19 years ago, 9-Aug-05, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.events.brickfest) !

  Re: Deadline fast Approaching & What to bring with you

(...) Did you get an acknowledgement of any sort? I've mailed in my info twice now, and got nothing back. (requesting the bricks got me a note really fast, I'm talking about the entry itself to press@....) Thanks! (19 years ago, 9-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: attention brick bazaar vendors: what are you selling?

(...) doh! i forgot to crosspost to brickfest. (19 years ago, 9-Aug-05, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact