 Events / BrickFest / 3157 (-20)
  Re: Technic/Mindstorms at BrickFest 2005

On Fri, July 1, 2005 12:36 pm, John Barnes said: (...) John, I plan on bring at least one of everthing on your list. However, unlike in previous years, winning all the competitions is not my primary goal. I have several interesting entries, so it (...) (19 years ago, 1-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics)

  Technic/Mindstorms at BrickFest 2005

BrickFest 2005 event planning and space allocation is in process. It would really help the planning process to get some idea of what competitions you might be planning on entering, and what Technic, Mindstorms or Great Ball Contraption MOCs you be (...) (19 years ago, 1-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Hanging asteroids (was: Re: Announcing the great Asteroid MOC Contest!)

(...) You could set up all the hang points in advance, and just hang paper clips as placeholders until the asteroids show up. There are all sorts of devices for (URL) hanging things from acoustic tiles> - a bunch of (URL) these> would break up the (...) (19 years ago, 1-Jul-05, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Hanging asteroids (was: Re: Announcing the great Asteroid MOC Contest!)

David Gregory wrote in late April: (...) Space co-coordinator Daniel Rubin replied: (...) My suggestion: rather than hanging each individual asteroid from the ceiling, which would entail much climbing on ladders (8 feet? 10?), construct a framework (...) (19 years ago, 1-Jul-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Seeking Musician or digital musician for DVD Project

"Todd Thuma" <thumat@gactr.uga.edu> wrote in message news:IIwt8z.1831@lugnet.com... (...) I have a variety of medieval and renaissance music in MIDI or Noteworthy Composer format, that I have arranged for the early music group I organise. I would be (...) (19 years ago, 30-Jun-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general)

  Re: New Information regarding the "Build the Trust" competition at Brickfest

(...) Ed, Benjamin has it absolutely correct. Each of the first 50 entrants will each receive 50 gold bricks. Good luck building, - Jim F. (19 years ago, 1-Jul-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Seeking Musician or digital musician for DVD Project

(...) Todd, I at one time used to write techno tracks and have some songs that *may* be appropriate for your needs. I, however, will not be able to come to Brickfest this year (NMRA commitments overruled that), but could possible bring a CD for you (...) (19 years ago, 30-Jun-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general)

  Seeking Musician or digital musician for DVD Project

Are you musically talented with digital music or keyboards? I need one or more people to create Acid Music Loops, Smartsound loops, or other for a DVD project associated with BrickFest 2005. Essentially, I need instrumental pieces of a variety of (...) (19 years ago, 30-Jun-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general)

  Re: New Information regarding the "Build the Trust" competition at Brickfest

(...) I just realized my sentence is equally confusing. We each get 50 bricks. so LEGO is giving away a total of 2500 gold bricks. Ben (19 years ago, 30-Jun-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: New Information regarding the "Build the Trust" competition at Brickfest

Hi Ed, I just got my confirmation email back from LEGO and the first 50 people will get 50 2x4 gold bricks to incorporate into their design. I want to build Louis Sullivan's Golden Entrance to the Transportation Building from the Chicago Worlds Fair (...) (19 years ago, 30-Jun-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: New Information regarding the "Build the Trust" competition at Brickfest

(...) Can you get some clarification for us Jim? I appears that the last sentence of the quote indicates a singular brick, not multiples. Thanks, Ed (19 years ago, 30-Jun-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  New Information regarding the "Build the Trust" competition at Brickfest

Hey gang, I was asked to pass on the following information in regards to the "Build the Trust" competition occuring this year at Brickfest: “Did we ask for too much in our “Build the Trust” registration? All we really need to know right now is that (...) (19 years ago, 30-Jun-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX) !

  Bring Out Yer Dead!

I have too few (URL) zombies>. I want lots and lots of zombies for my Moonbase layout. So I am making a call to all Brickfest attendees: Bring more zombies! They are made of 1 of 3 heads, either the Harry Potter troll, Darth Vader, or Frankenstein. (...) (19 years ago, 29-Jun-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Brikwars?

(...) While I would be glad to help should somthing take shape I have never even attended a big game and have only a simplistict understanging of the rules so I probably can't be of that much utility actual game wise. But if somthing does come up I (...) (19 years ago, 24-Jun-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Brikwars?

(...) Right now there is no Gaming Coordinator for BrickFest and no one has stepped up to plan a BrikWars game. If you are interested, that would be great! We are planning a short game of (URL) BrickQuest> in the Castle room and a few other little (...) (19 years ago, 24-Jun-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Brikwars?

Just wondering if there is a plan for this year. Already tried posting to .gaming. (URL) The reply is just me sorry for being a wimp ;>. Sorry I love playing but have no one to play with :< so gamming with frequent players would be a real treat. (19 years ago, 24-Jun-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Where to go in Washington area?

After attending BrickFest I intend to stay about two weeks in the US. I'm from the Netherlands, don't know the Washington area and don't have any specific plans yet. My question is what location in the wider area around Washington you would (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.loc.us.dc, lugnet.loc.us.va, lugnet.loc.us.md)

  Metal keychains to help Bram get to Brickfest!

I have just seven metal 2x4 brick keychains left, and since I no longer have access to a CNC machine, I will not be making more. (URL) I have four aluminum and three brass keychains which I would like to offer in exchange for donations to help me (...) (19 years ago, 15-Jun-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest Hosts the “Build the Trust” Adult LEGO Enthusiast’s Model Contest

(...) The following website may be useful to those of you planning on entering the Building The Trust contest. It contains blueprints and photos of many of the locations. (URL) great link was recently sent to me so it will be added to the website (...) (19 years ago, 9-Jun-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  BrickFest Volunteers!

Come out and get involved. Please note, if you already have offered to help at BrickFest, due to a web glitch, some requests may have not made it to me. Therefore, if you did volunteer to help for BrickFest, and you have not heard from me please (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jun-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.people)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact