 Events / BrickFest / 3116
Re: BrickFest NEWS!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Thu, 2 Jun 2005 19:22:34 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Paul Sinasohn wrote:
   In lugnet.events.brickfest, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
   If you have an item you’d either like to auction off (for a commission which benefits BrickFest) or better, donate in its entiriety... please contact Kevin Salm, who is coordinating the auction.

Larry Pieniazek

I wish I could be there...

Larry, to whom do the auction proceeds go?

For items that are being sold on behalf of their owners, the sale proceeds go to the seller, except for an auctioneer fee(1), which goes to the BrickFest general fund. We had several (big ticket, in some cases) items like that last year.

For items that have been donated to BF, the entire amount of the sale price goes to the BrickFest general fund. IIRC, we had significantly more of this type of item than commissioned ones last year. Many of the items sold this way were extremely unique(2), one of a kind items that it would be hard to get anywhere else (Japanese items, autographed copies of things, and so forth)

1 - Contact Kevin for details on that, I am just the mouth....
2 - some things are more unique than others!!!! LOL.