 Events / BrickFest / 3076
Re: About Emerge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Mon, 23 May 2005 05:15:15 GMT

In lugnet.build.sculpture, Derek Schin wrote:
   In lugnet.build.sculpture, Cynthia Bradham wrote:

   I have always thought that this sculpture really captures a very significant personal experience in a very simple, clear and visually pleasing way, and I have also always thought that it was under-appreciated, and that it should have won awards at Brickfest last year.

Cyndi, I remember having the same feeling--and as the one who counted the votes, I can tell you exactly what happened; Felix had too many creations in the sculpture room! He had a number of different pieces garner votes (I voted for this one, which has always been my favorite Felix figurine) and that split the vote enough for a different artist to win. But hey, as Max Fischer would say, sic transit gloria.

Speaking of Vote Counting... Mosaic/Scultpure needs a coordinator for this year’s BrickFest. Several people were ALMOST tricked into (...ahem, convinced to help the community out by) doing it but each had some lame excuse like going to Russia, or being more invoved in the politics of some other theme, or not coming because their wife was expecting or some weak junk like that.(1) Pikers...

So anyway... if you like sculpture or mosaics and you think you could help out please drop Christina or me a line... thanks! It would really be appreciated!

1 - KIDDING! Life has to come first!