 Events / BrickFest / 2923
  BrickFest Highlights from a "first timer."

I posted my official thank you post last night, as a coordinator, but now I want to share my long-winded post of what BrickFest was like for me as my very first Lego Event EVER. Considering the fact that before Thursday evening I had only met two (...) (20 years ago, 18-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest Highlights from a "first timer."

(...) apparently (...) invaded (...) I resemble that remark! Although, I don't know which category I fall into, the freak or the geek. Gee, what do you call a combination of the two? (...) Wuss! (...) of (...) of (...) You really should get oot and (...) (20 years ago, 18-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest Highlights from a "first timer."

(...) I call him "Jimi!!!" (...) Hey, it's all in good fun! You are just lucky they didnt bring out that blue light. That would have been ugly! Janey "Red Brick" (20 years ago, 18-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest Highlights from a "first timer."

i gotta say, brickfest was an awesome experience and i'll definitely be back! so here's my take... after a rocky start.. having to take a bus to dc, then a cab..which ultimately cost me more than my bus fare, i walk into the doors at GMU to a line (...) (20 years ago, 18-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest Highlights from a "first timer."

(...) Thanks for getting a good shot of my moonbase. I didn't get any pictures myself. Also, I wanted to point out this bike: (URL) guy (I believe his name is Derek) is 16, and wasn't sure that his stuff would rate to be at Brickfest. Besides the (...) (20 years ago, 18-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest Highlights from a "first timer."

I want to start with a BIG "Thank You" to everyone who organized, attended, and helped me out at BrickFest. It was only a couple of days but they were incredible! I'm also in the "first timer" class and after going to this am left asking myself "Why (...) (20 years ago, 18-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest Highlights from a "first timer."

Another first timer from NJ: I have been on this online community for a couple of years. And was always impressed by how wonderful the people treated each other online. Always constructive criticism and compliments flow from everyone's posts. And as (...) (20 years ago, 18-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest Highlights from a "first timer."

(...) Um, the state was PA and it was at the service area around mile 78 on the PA turnpike (New Stanton service area) (URL) (20 years ago, 18-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest Highlights from a "first timer."

(...) innocent. Yes you are right, that was the state, and the place, and the ungodly time was 11 pm. You will be happy to know, that even with my car unlocked and the windows wide open, the mocs and luggage remained untouched. It was fun running (...) (20 years ago, 18-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest Highlights from a "first timer."

(...) So far so good... Met up with Frank Filz, Chris Weeks, Peter Guenther and James Seibel here in Indy and it looks like we have a good buzz building already for GameLUG activities... lots of people popping by and going "oooh... LEGO!" and (...) (20 years ago, 19-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.org.glug)