 Events / BrickFest / 2582 (-20)
  Re: ISD build record

(...) Hold on a second! A clarification in this post must be made. There are eleven (11) people in the picture and eleven (11) people named in the effort. That means that 11 people completed the ISD build in 1 hour, 2 minutes and 28 seconds not 10. (...) (20 years ago, 8-Jul-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.1000steine-land, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest Hotel info

(...) snip - (...) I see the rate's not on the hotel's web site, even with the BRI code, but by calling the 800 number I didn't have any problems. See you there! Kelly (20 years ago, 8-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest Hotel info

(...) Attn BrickFest Attendees: Hilton Arlington still has availability! Hilton Arlington & Towers has a block of guestrooms reserved for Brickfest at a special rate of $89.00 plus tax per night, available August 12, 2004 - August 16, 2004. Please (...) (20 years ago, 7-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: WANTED: Brick Vendors for Brick Bazaar

(...) the (...) requested (...) Form> (...) offline (...) To clarify the vendor registration process a bit, registration is a two-step process. Sign up for tables at both the BrickFest website AND send me an email so I can contact you. In your (...) (20 years ago, 7-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  WANTED: Brick Vendors for Brick Bazaar

WANTED: Brick Vendors BrickFest DC Aug 13-15, 2004 (URL) BrickFest Website> Brick Bazaar at BrickFest 2004 is being planned bigger, better, and more organized than previous years. Any registered BrickFest attendee is welcome to bring some LEGO® (...) (20 years ago, 7-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, FTX) !!

  Re: Club Logos and Website Club Links for the BrickFest website

(...) Will you be attending BrickFest? Among all the wonderful things we are working on for BrickFest, creating a fun filled environment is at the top of our list. One way we hope to do this is by encouraging all of you who plan to attend, to bring (...) (20 years ago, 7-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org)

  Re: ISD build record

(...) Awesome work, guys! Unfortunately, it appears right now that I won't be able to make Brickfest--so no ISD build for me :( However, my reason for not making it to Brickfest will be officially LEGO-related if the dates don't slide...Bottom (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jul-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.1000steine-land, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest Hotel info

(...) Are there still difficulties with getting the Thursday through sunday night discount rate? Should I just call the hotel directly and negotiate the rate with them instead? I just tried to do the online booking and lo, it continues to not work. (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: ISD build record

(...) They were provided by Abner, ask him for details ;) (20 years ago, 6-Jul-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.1000steine-land, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: ISD build record

(...) Congratulations to the 1000Steine-Land builders! Though a noble cause, I still like the disposition of the Brickfest PDX ISD more;-D Wish I could have been there with you all! Schleim On, JOHN (20 years ago, 6-Jul-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.1000steine-land, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: ISD build record

(...) What's with all of the plastic collars? I notice that the only person not wearing one is the LEGO employee. Those weren't explosive devices set to explode at the previous record's time as a means of motivating the participants, were they? ;P (20 years ago, 6-Jul-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.1000steine-land, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: ISD build record

(...) (URL) The team (from left to right) Holger, Jan, Jan-Albert, Eddie, Juergen, Hendrik, (Jan Beyer form LEGO. He stopped the time) Dominik, Ben, Andreas, Bruno Yeah, the record is back in Europe :-) On Sunday morning a around 10 a.m. the team (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jul-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.1000steine-land, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  New Washington Base Reporting! MOONBASE DC!

Hello spacers and spacettes, You've seen the announcment... you know the standard, now it's up to you! Moonbase is the centerpiece of the lego sci-fi display and we need all Scibrick members, scifi fans and cool folks like you to bring your modules! (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jul-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce) !

  ISD build record

1 hour, 2 minutes and 28 seconds -- Jan-Albert van Ree (20 years ago, 4-Jul-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.1000steine-land, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Moonbase inspiration from the classics

One of my favorite idea books is [LEGOSet 2501] especially because of these awesome space scenes. Classic space was certainly the best time for "official" greebling. (4 URLs) I like the first one so much I scanned my own copy and made some (...) (20 years ago, 30-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Some microfig inspiration from 1981

Here's some microfig stuff from [LEGOSet 2261] when cool stuff had to be made with simple parts. Hopefully, this might give some inspiration for the Brickfest Micro MOC Off. (5 URLs) I'm sure there are plenty more good examples in other old idea (...) (20 years ago, 30-Jun-04, to lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Last Call for Sessions at BrickFest 2004...

Last Call for Sessions at BrickFest 2004... The submittal deadline for sessions is this Friday, July 2, 2004. There are still some good time slots available, so if you’re planning on presenting a session you should sign up ASAP at: (URL) Also (...) (20 years ago, 30-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.people, lugnet.org, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.events, FTX) !!

  Re: Micro MOC Off! BrickFest 2004

(...) Yes and no - a return to the Brick is a plus, but the drain on the wallet (especially with an addictive personality) is a negative. Bob (20 years ago, 28-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Micro MOC Off! BrickFest 2004

(...) Best thing about a "dark age" is giving it up! (smile) Janey "Red Brick" (20 years ago, 28-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Micro MOC Off! BrickFest 2004

(...) Wow - cool looking stuff to be sure. Hmm, I wonder if my moonbase module (URL) Alpha-Omega Landing Pad> would have made a good micro? Dang Dark Ages... Bob (20 years ago, 28-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact