 Events / BrickFest / 1810
Re: BrickFest 2003 Keynote Broadcast - BrickCast 2003
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Wed, 6 Aug 2003 19:28:17 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Jeramy Spurgeon wrote:
In lugnet.events.brickfest, Calum Tsang wrote:
<snip>
You will not be able to count the studs on the new 10092 Lego Minifig
Scale Starship Enterprise (save your Bar Mitzvah money now!) through the video
feed.

Is this real? Is LEGO going to produce Star Trek models now? How cool, now if
only they could aquire the Lord of the Rings license!

No!  Not at all!  I was joking.  Really!  I know as much as you do about
anything Lego is about to do--ie. nothing.

I was kidding.  Every year Brad pulls a Steve Jobs and introduces a new
product-last BrickFest, he unveiled the James Mathis Santa Fe cars and the UCS
Naboo Fighter.  Of course, everyone oohs and ahhs about them.  I just pulled the
Star Trek reference as a joke, beacuse I know someone's going to complain they
couldn't see the new model via webcast.

(Old timers note-back on rtl about...four years ago, five years ago, a young man
posted about how he had built a minifigure scale Enterprise-D using money he'd
collected from his Bar Mitzvah.  All of the regular rtl posters tore his claim
to shreds, especially after he didn't have any proof.)

Calum
PS-why didn't anyone believe Jake Mckee was really Aretha Franklin?