 Events / BrickFest / 1897
Re: BrickFest 2003 Keynote Broadcast - BrickCast 2003
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Mon, 11 Aug 2003 06:53:32 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Rocco J. Carello wrote:
That is pretty cool, but did this have to be in the proprietary Windows Media
Player format?

Official answer:

The proportion of non Windows platform users is not worth effort to support
them.  WindowsMedia allows for easy content creation, encoding, broadcast,
administration and works on servers I have easy access to.

In the future, if you would like support for your workstation platform, please
feel free to donate the media encoding and distribution software, encoder
workstation, backend servers and network infrastructure plus onsite help to
configure these machines.

Nonofficial answer:

So, you choose to operate a proprietary machine that isn't compatible with 95%
of the rest of the world, and you want me to support you?  Sure.  I'll get right
on that. :)

Calum