 Events / BrickFest / 1650
Re: Moonbase airlocks (was Re: Brickfest Moonbase Fluidics)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Thu, 24 Jul 2003 04:44:55 GMT

   I believe you are “overthinking” the whole airlock issue. If everyone puts normal mini-fig house doors, opening inward, about 2 or 3 studs in from the edge of a connection corridor, there would be instant airlocks between all the modules. Problem solved with parts all of us .spacers probably have sitting in the “highly infrequently used” bin.

But those doors have open spaces! Hehe...

You only think those are open spaces. Those are holomorphic armored panels. Only looks like open spaces. Hehe.

Mike,
I agree with you and Admiral Giddens that thinking of too much detail isn’t always the best way to go.

Well no, I think that detailing is good but if you want to change/add something that everyone will incorperate to already complete modules, you have to make it the easiest thing possible.

   Now regular “glass/lucite/Nocrac©” doors would do the thing but they narrow the corridor, unless placed as you said, so it could work.

Well yeah thats why I said to put it back 2 or three studs.

-Andrew

PS - How do you make the subject heading turn bold when retitling a thread?

Can’t. Only does that when you actually make a new post.

-Mike Petrucelli