 Space / 26506
Re: Moonbase airlocks (was Re: Brickfest Moonbase Fluidics)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Thu, 24 Jul 2003 04:31:57 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mike Petrucelli wrote:

   I propose as a decent and fast remedy the implementation of the following:
Swivel Frame Swivel Pane

What’s great about this frame is that it fits the standard corridor and the pane will allow a regular minifig with regular spacepack to pass through (sideways). There is hardly any change in floor level as the pane can be placed studs down, also allowing for some lighting near the “doorpost”.

Placing a frame+pane near each corridor exit would pressurize the entire module, while two frame+plane’s in close proximity would create a regular airlock.
Alright, post away. And thanks for reading thru as I tend to not say things directly as possible.

I believe you are “overthinking” the whole airlock issue. If everyone puts normal mini-fig house doors, opening inward, about 2 or 3 studs in from the edge of a connection corridor, there would be instant airlocks between all the modules. Problem solved with parts all of us .spacers probably have sitting in the “highly infrequently used” bin.

But those doors have open spaces! Hehe...

Mike,
I agree with you and Admiral Giddens that thinking of too much detail isn’t always the best way to go. Now regular “glass/lucite/Nocrac©” doors would do the thing but they narrow the corridor, unless placed as you said, so it could work.

-Andrew

PS - How do you make the subject heading turn bold when retitling a thread?