 Events / BrickFest / *1303 (-20)
  Re: LEGO photo exhibit / photography seminars

(...) Yes, definitely! Could those major topics be rolled into 1 2hr session with breaks? -Tim (21 years ago, 24-Apr-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.publish.photography)

  LEGO photo exhibit / photography seminars

I've been thinking a lot over the past couple months whether I should give a talk on LEGO photography. Is there something like this already planned? I could see doing as many as four talks: - A hands-on workshop on studio lighting -- bring your own (...) (21 years ago, 24-Apr-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.publish.photography)

  Re: BRICKFEST MOONBASE

(...) alas, the Panarchy will not be able to contribute. I'll be lucky to ship my Mako to CGidd in time for the darn Fest -paul (21 years ago, 24-Apr-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space)

  Re: vendors at BF

We do plan to expand on the Brick Bazaar idea. We certainly do not want it to be a focus but buying, selling and trading are popular aspects of the LEGO hobby and therefore have a place and will get some space at BrickFest. When the registration (...) (21 years ago, 24-Apr-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BRICKFEST MOONBASE

The former K8 room is a great idea! We'll do what we can to keep space theme centralized. Christina (...) (21 years ago, 24-Apr-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space)

  Re: BRICKFEST MOONBASE

(...) I'll third that. Space permitting I will probably bring a Moonbase with a footprint of 10 (and maybe a little more) modules. If there is enough room that we can have all the sci-fi stuff in one place, that would be awesome. -Mike Petrucelli (21 years ago, 24-Apr-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space)

  Re: Sharing rooms

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Rick Hallman writes (...) Hey Rick, if you can make it I'd share a room with you. I'll email you about the particulars. Felix (URL) (21 years ago, 24-Apr-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  vendors at BF

I'm not sure if this has been talked about already, but I was wondering if we could get more vendors to the fest this year. Last year I really enjoyed talking with the vendors and buying parts on the spot. I hesitate to make what should be a fan-fun (...) (21 years ago, 24-Apr-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BRICKFEST MOONBASE

(...) I'd like to second the call for a big space room rather than two. It would be nice if Star Wars, Space, the Moonbase, and the Sea Monkeys could all be included together. I don't know if thats possible, but it would be ideal, I think. Felix (...) (21 years ago, 24-Apr-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space)

  update and Sea Monkeys @ BF2k3

Hey Aquazonians, I just wanted to drop a post that after a very busy time at work, the worst appears to be over, and I actually have time to build again. So, look for more SM, aquazone, and goofy stuff from me to be popping up. I'd also like to (...) (21 years ago, 24-Apr-03, to lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BRICKFEST MOONBASE

Oh, we're going to need a lot more room than we had last year, if our Moonbasiness is going to manifest itself as it appears that it will. Something on the scale of where the K8 was last year might work. Adrian (...) (21 years ago, 24-Apr-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space)

  Re: BRICKFEST MOONBASE

"Christina Hitchcock" <chitchco@mail.gmu.edu> wrote in message news:HDv540.1E3x@lugnet.com... (...) second (...) I can say with some certainty that normal Space creations alone will probably totally fill that room this year. Add a Moonbase to this (...) (21 years ago, 24-Apr-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space)

  Re: BRICKFEST MOONBASE

Was last years room suitable or are you looking for something on the second floor? Christina Hitchcock BrickFest P.S. Could those of you interested in being the Space room coordinator please send me an email. (...) (21 years ago, 24-Apr-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space)

  Re: BRICKFEST MOONBASE

Hey all, Please add me to the list of folks bringing modules. I'll commit to two now, but i hope the coordinators will allow extra room if any of us bring more. One module will be a Sea Monkey thingamabob the other will be something goofy. I know (...) (21 years ago, 24-Apr-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space)

  Re: US S@H Specials, Apr 23 - 29, 2003

(...) NOOOOOOO, TLC may like the winning model, and release it as a set, and then there are even more useless parts around..... Paul (...) (21 years ago, 23-Apr-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: US S@H Specials, Apr 23 - 29, 2003

I feel bad even putting (dumping) that part into my daughter's bins... But then again, she might find some use for it that adults could never imagine. That is what Lego is all about. Perhaps BrickFest should have a contest - Given a pile of not so (...) (21 years ago, 23-Apr-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Sharing rooms

---All information below is hypothetical--- If I can make it to Brickfest with my growing collection of built space models, who wouldn't mind rooming a hotel together to cut cost down? I need to know how much to save/beg for. -Rick (21 years ago, 23-Apr-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BRICKFEST MOONBASE

(...) The smaller comm station is no more, and the larger one was constructed at Wayne "Holy cow what a huge ferryboat" Hussey's house. In any case, I have plans for a new module that I think people will like more than the comm dishes. :) ~Grand (...) (21 years ago, 23-Apr-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space)

  Re: BRICKFEST MOONBASE

(...) Dear Mr. Admiral, I just looked through the Moonbase website just as a refresher to my brain, and I couldn't help but notice your creations that included huge communications dishes. I would love to see one or more of those at the BF layout.... (...) (21 years ago, 23-Apr-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space)

  Re: BRICKFEST MOONBASE

(...) *blocks with frah pan* PA-TINK! oh... it's on. <runs at opponent, swings pan> PANG!!!! Admiral, PCS Division (21 years ago, 23-Apr-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact