 Events / 57
Re: For Kidvention -- What is LUGNET?!?!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 03:21:32 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.events, Bram Lambrecht writes:
Are you going to have a display stand/poster about LUGNET instead?

Here's what the flyer would have looked like -- half a sheet of U.S. Letter
Size paper -- 5.5" wide by 8.5" tall:

   http://www.lugnet.com/admin/advocacy/flyers/1-bw-100dpi.gif

Printed, it would have used a 53 LPI halftone screen, so the grays wouldn't
look quite that sharp.

Anyway, here's what the color version of the same looks like -- this time a
full sheet of U.S. Letter Size paper -- 8.5" wide by 11" tall (although it
might be trimmed to 8" x 11"):

   http://www.lugnet.com/admin/advocacy/flyers/1-color-thumbnail.gif
   http://www.lugnet.com/admin/advocacy/flyers/1-color-100dpi.gif
   http://www.lugnet.com/admin/advocacy/flyers/1-color-200dpi.gif

I'll print a couple of these on cardstock (70-lb. paper) and cold-laminate
them to protect them from minor damage.  I'm not using outdoor inks, so if
but I don't think they'll fade noticably for the short time they're sitting
outside.

Since time is getting short before Kidvention, are there any volunteers in
California who could receive one copy each of these and take them to the
LDraw table?  I'll send one to Tim C. too if it looks like I can get it
there before he leaves.

Any thoughts or impressions on the effectiveness of the text or layout?
(Pretend you've never ever heard of LUGNET.)

--Todd