 Events / 486
    Canadian LEGO Fest, the birth of an idea —Jude Beaudin
   Hello, It looks like we may eventually have a Canadian LEGO Festival. Currently things are in the extremely early stages, but I want to see this happen, so I am going for a wide audience. I have created an FTX page to further my reflections on this (...) (23 years ago, 21-Aug-01, to lugnet.events, lugnet.announce) !!

        Re: Canadian LEGO Fest, the birth of an idea —Kevin Wilson
     Jude Beaudin wrote in message ... (...) Good luck guys. Personally I am more likely to be able to go to a fest in Seattle (I'm in Vancouver) than in Ontario! In your FTX page you do mention the country size problem. With that in mind, when naming (...) (23 years ago, 21-Aug-01, to lugnet.loc.ca)

        Re: Canadian LEGO Fest, the birth of an idea —Adam Murtha
     I had said before that would have difficulty attending an event in Ontario coming from Alberta, but that's not to say that I would not definetly be able to attend. Given enough notice and motivation to go, I could like attend an event during the (...) (23 years ago, 21-Aug-01, to lugnet.loc.ca)

        Re: Canadian LEGO Fest, the birth of an idea —Benjamin Medinets
     (...) wow....congrats Jude....your post has gone "World Wide".... that is it has made it to Lugnet Home Page (highlighting top stories!!!) very sweet!!! I like the FTX design....nice and starting to look good. Hmmmm....Calum, do you think we can (...) (23 years ago, 21-Aug-01, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

         Re: Canadian LEGO Fest, the birth of an idea —Calum Tsang
     (...) I think I'll keep all official announcements onto Peachy mainly because that's the official rtlToronto site. Calum (23 years ago, 21-Aug-01, to lugnet.loc.ca)

        Re: Canadian LEGO Fest, the birth of an idea —Scott Lyttle
     Jude, How about a Lego swap area? Actually, a huge board where people could write their names, what to swap, and what they need might be kind of neat.. Even though I'm down south, with enough notice, I could probably attend as well.. -Scott (...) (23 years ago, 21-Aug-01, to lugnet.loc.ca)

        Re: Canadian LEGO Fest, the birth of an idea —Stuart Immonen
     I could almost certainly guarantee my attendance, since I am (relatively) very near Toronto. I'd contribute to a space/mecha MOC display or possibly a robotics competition... ... and I would probably have other ideas, but it's nearly two AM... (...) (23 years ago, 1-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.ca)

        Re: Canadian LEGO Fest, the birth of an idea —Stuart Immonen
   (...) I just had an idea. I was at a comic book convention in Chicago earlier this summer, and Upper Deck had a sponsored area where people could play the Bionicle TCG, and see their products (free cards!). There was a nine-foot Toa (the red one) at (...) (23 years ago, 2-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.ca)