 Local / Canada / 1165
Re: Canadian LEGO Fest, the birth of an idea
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment
Date:
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 13:05:13 GMT

In lugnet.events, Jude Beaudin writes:
Hello,

It looks like we may eventually have a Canadian LEGO Festival. Currently
things are in the extremely early stages, but I want to see this happen, so
I am going for a wide audience. I have created an FTX page to further my
reflections on this event.

http://www.lugnet.com/~549/CanadianFest/

If you want to contribute ideas, go for it.

Thanks,

Jude

FUT .loc.ca

wow....congrats Jude....your post has gone "World Wide".... that is it has
made it to Lugnet Home Page (highlighting top stories!!!)
very sweet!!!

I like the FTX design....nice and starting to look good.
Hmmmm....Calum, do you think we can make Jude the Web Co-ordinator???

hmmmm....just a thought ;-)

         ***

For this early (planning phase).....

we need to come with a consensus to a name (to market the event)
So far Snow Brick, and Brick North are probably early favorites....
so do we have some sort of (crude) voting system?

We have at least 2 websites we can use Jude's FTX site for internal uses,
and Calum's Peachy Server for external uses... so that is looking good.

Looks like a few people have some good ideas for hosting...as far as
Toronto goes (hosting it in Toronto DOES expand the choices for the event,
and also gives flexibility....)

         ***

I think Chris posted an article on that most of the events could run
themselves, and Calum replied that we could use some workshops....
hey its not a multi-day, large-scale event without workshops :)

So I think we have somewhat of a consensus on the events....

1. Robotics Competition (Robotics 11??)

2. Train (and Town!!!) Display (Train 5??)

3. BrickWarZ Competition (BrickWarz 3??)

4. Castle Display (diorama - Eric deGuili and others)

5. Space Display??? (possibly Jude and his Ice Planet 2002, hmmmm)

6. Market Place-style MOC display (Chris Magno's input to the discussion).

7, 8. I think the original Brickfest (sm), also had a "historical section" and
a Pirate Game.... those could be open to further discussion and
those brave enough to run the events for them....