 Events / 351
    US Lug Event —Richard Schoonover
   Hi With all the talk about a west coast Brickfest, it made me wonder if anyone would be willing to go to a national event. An event where east can meet west. I think there should be a west coast BrickFest first of all. You guys need a regional time (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

        Re: US Lug Event —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) I'm sensing a minor disconnect. I viewed the Brickfest I just attended *as* a national event. It just happened to be in DC because that's where the organizers are... Look at the roster of attendees, they came from a lot of places (yes, the (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

         Re: US Lug Event —Frank Filz
      (...) Something I want to throw out for consideration to examine if the feelings of dilution by having more events are negative. Where do you draw the line? If more frequent events are dilutive, I would by extension argue then that ANY gathering, (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

         Re: US Lug Event —Greg Kramer
     (...) I'm sure we will have something to say on this topic. Give us some time, though, we're still recovering :) And we'll probably have to discuss and debate amongst ourselves before we form an "official" opinion. -Greg Kramer (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

        Re: US Lug Event —John Neal
   (...) We train folk happen to be organizing our own national train club convention which we hope to make an annual event, which would move around the country every year. But I agree with Lar-- Brickfest, in essence, *is* a national event. It is very (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

        Re: US Lug Event —Kevin Wilson
   John Neal wrote in message ... (...) very (...) can't (...) I think that Brickfest has been de facto a national event because so far it has been the *only* event of its kind. Once regional fests of the same type exist, Brickfest may either grow into (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains.org)