 Events / 288
Re: How about a Brickfest West?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Sun, 15 Jul 2001 17:52:59 GMT

Matthew Gerber wrote:
I think these are some good points too. I like the idea of opening up • Canada
for a PACNW Fest. Mark? You seem to be logical point man for this...what do
you think? Interested? I'd love to see one done in a different quarter,
giving us all 3 events, within three months...does that follow?
BricksWest-Carlsbad:Jan/Feb
PACNW Fest-Portland(?):Apr(?)
BrickFest-Wash. DC:July
Maybe something mid-US(?):Oct(?)

You're really running with this, aren't you Matt :-)

My preference would be for a Pacific Northwest fest (BrickNorthwest?) to be
North in Seattle if there's going to be a South in California one as well.
People driving from further away in Canada than Vancouver (like the 2 people
in Alberta we've already heard from) will thank us :-). There's also a
strong AFOL presence in Seattle, with SeaLUG and the PNLTC, for organising
purposes.

I don't think anyone needs to worry much about the weather of these events,
since we'll mostly be indoors poring over our Lego. The exception would be
Carlsbad for visiting Legoland... might make your date better later in the
year, Matthew?

I like a lot of your ideas for events to include. If we could put this over
a long weekend it would give us even more time to wallow in Lego (though
finding a location would be more difficult).

Kevin
Craftsman Lego Kits & Custom models: http://www.lionsgatemodels.com
Brickbay Lego parts store: http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?p=Kevinw1
eBay Lego auctions: http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/kevinw1/