 Events / 286
Re: How about a Brickfest West?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Sun, 15 Jul 2001 18:05:23 GMT

in article GGHowA.Mtx@lugnet.com, Matthew Gerber wrote:

I think these are some good points too. I like the idea of opening up Canada
for a PACNW Fest. Mark? You seem to be logical point man for this...what do
you think? Interested?

Yes. I've begun kicking the idea around on the SEALUG mailing list. If we
held it in Seattle, we'd be able to include people from BC, OR, and maybe
some of the other Northwest states. We might even attract a couple of folks
from the CA area.

I can see us holding a fest in either January or April.

I'd love to see one done in a different quarter,
giving us all 3 events, within three months...does that follow?
BricksWest-Carlsbad:Jan/Feb
PACNW Fest-Portland(?):Apr(?)
BrickFest-Wash. DC:July
Maybe something mid-US(?):Oct(?)

Also that put's Brickfest West within reach of the Califreakians,
and some of the other western states.

I think most folks are willing to drive +/- 10 hours tops. That far north
would put me and mine out of the running for a trip...

I could potentially drive to a fest in San Francisco. It's about 13-14 hours
from here, but I drive back to Montana every once in a while, so I can
handle it. And there would likely be a carpool from these parts. Problem is,
are there enough FOLs in SF to even hold a fest?

~Grand Admiral Muffin Head
--
Mark's Lego(R) Creations
http://www.nwlink.com/~sandlin/lego