 Events / 285
Re: How about a Brickfest West?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Sun, 15 Jul 2001 17:00:41 GMT

In lugnet.events, William R. Ward writes:
Weather in January in the PNW is usually at its coldest & wettest.
That's the down side.  But logically, it makes sense.

Portland is great - I live in the SF bay area, and it's totally within
reach.  And Portland is such a great city.  Not that I have anything
against Seattle, though.  But I think Portland's a lot easier to get
to for most Californians.

Bill...I'm gonna' pick your brain here.

Since you're in SF, and kinda' central to everything discussed, would you be
keen on attending two west coast fests, if they were both within acceptable
distance and at different times of the year? You are just four hours north
of me on the central coast, and eight hours from Carlsbad driving. You're
about eleven hours out of Portland driving. Commuter plane tickets bought in
advance put you within just a few of hours of anything, at a cost of just a
couple of hundred dollars (but no vehicle at the other end).

I'd like to judge the place and timing of the event(s) we've been
discussing, based on your input (and everyone else, for that matter...if
everyone could just go to MapQuest, put in your home town, and get driving
directions to 1) Portland, 2) Seattle, 3) Carlsbad, 4) Santa Maria, 5) San
Francisco, and see which drives you would be able/willing to do, feedback
here may help narrow down where any event(s) might happen...please help!)

LMK,

Matt