 Events / 284
Re: How about a Brickfest West?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Sun, 15 Jul 2001 09:08:19 GMT

"Daniel Barrett" <danielbarrett@earthlink.net> writes:
I think you would either need to have it as late as October or wait until
January. The November-December time frame is usually pretty full for most
people. Also you (we?) would be paying a premium for any type of event space
during these two months.

Weather in January in the PNW is usually at its coldest & wettest.
That's the down side.  But logically, it makes sense.

As a Seattlite, I vote for the Portland area. If people are willing to come
to Seattle from Canada they should be willing to go just a bit farther to
Portland. Also that put's Brickfest West within reach of the Califreakians,
and some of the other western states.

Portland is great - I live in the SF bay area, and it's totally within
reach.  And Portland is such a great city.  Not that I have anything
against Seattle, though.  But I think Portland's a lot easier to get
to for most Californians.

--Bill.

                    (formerly known as hermit@bayview.com)
                   Life is too important to take seriously.