 Events / 2017
  Re: The proliferation of fests: Good or bad?

(...) Having lived in SoCal, and asked the same question many times of many people, I think a lot of it is that there are still some hard feelings after the BricksWest incident. Also, many people have expressed the hard question of whether or not to (...) (18 years ago, 13-Dec-06, to lugnet.events, FTX)

  Re: The proliferation of fests: Good or bad?

(...) Aaron- I think BW is far enough in the past not affect most thinking except, perhaps, to question the viability of Southern CA to attract enough LEGO oriented people. Most of the content at BFs is brought by people in their vehicles and we (...) (18 years ago, 13-Dec-06, to lugnet.events, FTX)

  Re: The proliferation of fests: Good or bad?

(...) I'm confused. Better prices on what? LEGO (doubtful, as those prices are not driven by competition generated by fests) or things like registration fees (again, really doubtful; I've seen no evidence that those fees are driven by a profit (...) (18 years ago, 13-Dec-06, to lugnet.events, FTX)

  Re: The proliferation of fests: Good or bad?

(...) Brian- I agree that fest prices cannot be much of issue affecting national, if not regional, attendance. If you spend $1.5K+ for your family to fly, stay, drive, and eat, you really aren't motivated by a better deal on the $60 per person (...) (18 years ago, 14-Dec-06, to lugnet.events, FTX)

  Re: The proliferation of fests: Good or bad?

(...) Well, keep in mind some people have only emerged from their Dark Ages recently as well as living quite a distance away and having spouses and family responsibilities before jetting off to LLC. :) As a family man I would be interested in a such (...) (18 years ago, 14-Dec-06, to lugnet.events, FTX)