 Education / 67
    Elementary Lego Mindstorm Robotics Club —Garrett Sims
   Hi, I teach in Nebraska and am starting up an after-school Robotics Club at our school. I submitted a request for funds and a mini-budget. It was approved and now I have the task of purchasing materials. The bulk of the budget is going to be spend (...) (24 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.edu)

        Re: Elementary Lego Mindstorm Robotics Club —Rob Doucette
     My apologies if this is something you have already explored: Pitsco-DACTA sells the Mindstorms components in an education format called Robolab. Go to: (URL) search on W990084 for the starter set (4 units + software site license). There are lots of (...) (24 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.edu)

        Re: Elementary Lego Mindstorm Robotics Club —Richard Wright
     Howdy, (...) At the old PCS Learning Centers, students met for 1.25 hours once a week. I have set up several labs in afterschool environments and Boys and Girls Clubs, and this seems to be a natural pattern. Some of the Boys and Girls Clubs have (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jun-00, to lugnet.edu)

        Re: Elementary Lego Mindstorm Robotics Club —Terry King
     Garette, would you please post something about how you're doing with this. I just got a go-ahead to do a smaller versions, with 3 Mindstorms and 6 kids.. Looking for any curriculum and materials! Thanks.. (23 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.edu)

        Re: Elementary Lego Mindstorm Robotics Club —John Heins
   (...) Regarding supplies, irt is easier and cheaper to do purchasing outside the usual school procedures. These limit options and usually result in HIGHER prices. If you have any local merchants - toys or such - that carry Lego, see if you can cut a (...) (23 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.edu)

        Re: Elementary Lego Mindstorm Robotics Club —Maggie Cambron
   I think John has some great suggestions. In addition you may want to check if your retailer gives a discount to teachers. My local Zany Brainy takes off 10%. Maggie C. (...) (23 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.edu)