 Education / 67
66  |  68
Subject:
Elementary Lego Mindstorm Robotics Club
Newsgroups:
lugnet.edu
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 03:13:13 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi,

I teach in Nebraska and am starting up an after-school Robotics Club at our
school.  I submitted a request for funds and a mini-budget.  It was approved
and now I have the task of purchasing materials. The bulk of the budget is
going to be spend on 6-7 Mindstorm Kits, although I also budgeted for extra
motors, sensors, exp. kits, etc.

I guess I'm looking for advice from anyone out there who currently sponsors a
similar club.

1) How many times a week does your club meet? For how long?
2) How many students are involved? Grade Levels?
3) How many would you suggest for 6-7 Mindstorm kits to share?
4) My basic plan was to spend the first month or so, doing activities right
out of the constructopedia and then moving on to problem-solving machine
building. How did you operate your club?
5) I also plan to have a Robotics Fair (in conjunction with our school science
fair) late in the year.  Do any of you do this? Any advice or tips?
6) Is there anything else you'd like to share with me about your club? Words
of wisdom?  I know I'm headed in the right direction -- I just want to touch
base with those of you who have already walked this path.

Thanks Much
Garrett