 Education / 110 (-20)
  RE: Plano 1258 storage for Classroom Robotics

(...) Yay hooray! It's great that you're getting involved with education... (...) I've just showed this to my better half and she finally "gets" why I spend time putting seemingly useless stuff up on the web. It's because someone, somewhere might (...) (24 years ago, 12-Sep-00, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.robotics.edu, lugnet.edu)

  Plano 1258 storage for Classroom Robotics

I recently started a FIRST Lego League team at my daughter's school. (More about that can be found in lugnet.edu). As we get prepared for the challenge, I am using a variety of team exercises for small teams of 2-4 students. Each team needed a (...) (24 years ago, 12-Sep-00, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.robotics.edu, lugnet.edu)

  Teaching/Coaching Robotics -- Day 1

Well! It's been a lot of work from vision to reality, but FLL Team #1096 (Kathryn Hughes Elementary) had its first meeting last Thursday. I thought I'd share with people here what I'm doing, in hopes of getting some exchange of ideas going in this (...) (24 years ago, 11-Sep-00, to lugnet.edu)

  Architecture project

I'm taking an architecture class this semester, so for my first project*, I created a fairly scale (1 ft=1 stud) LEGO version of my design: (URL) dark gray is meant to be a 4x4 grid of stone slabs, brown is brick, light gray is concrete, and green (...) (24 years ago, 9-Sep-00, to lugnet.edu, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.general) !

  Re: More Thoughts about Girls and Legos

Howdy, (...) Not so. There may be psychological barriars, but I suspect they are learned ones. In the Lego Lab environment I observed the same interest in building and creating with both genders. The differences came from teaching strategies and the (...) (24 years ago, 18-Aug-00, to lugnet.edu)

  Re: More Thoughts about Girls and Legos

(...) Interesting list... maybe it's because it's a "classroom environment" list that "wanting to learn something" is missing as a motivation? A comment on our education systems generally... Kevin ---...--- Personal Lego Web page: (URL) Air Market: (...) (24 years ago, 17-Aug-00, to lugnet.edu)

  Re: More Thoughts about Girls and Legos

(...) There's a sex-based "don't play with lego" gene?!? :-) Bruce (I think one could better point the finger at social and cultural traditions) (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.edu)

  Re: More Thoughts about Girls and Legos

(...) <snip> (...) Yeah. I spend a lot of time with my own thoughts about girls and Legos [1]. I expected a different post, somehow. eric 1] Not at the same time. Usually. (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.edu, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: More Thoughts about Girls and Legos

(...) Well, I'll have to go and semi-agree with the statement. However, I think that what the statement was implying vs. what it said by the letter was a bit different. I think that I would say something along the lines of "male and female minds (...) (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.edu)

  More Thoughts about Girls and Legos

Howdy, ...I was just reviewing the debates that ran on gender issues and science at the Nature website late last year. ( (URL) ) One email posting that stated that the "cognitive differences between men and women" is one explaination for the gender (...) (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.edu)

  Legos and Line Plots

Howdy, ...my mother-in-law teaches middle school math, and I have been taking her lessons and rewriting them so that they use LEGOs. The following is an example...enjoy! Richard rwright@pcsedu.com www.edventures.com Title: Making LEGO Line Plots (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.edu)

  Legos and Philosophy

Howdy all, ...I had an exchange of emails with a professor in Mississippi concerning teaching statistics and philosophy with Legos. I thought this might be of some interest to some of you out there. Enjoy Richard rwright@pcsedu.com (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jul-00, to lugnet.edu)

  Newsletter

Howdy, ...check out our newsletter featuring some Lego projects built by students. (URL) (24 years ago, 17-Jul-00, to lugnet.edu)

  (canceled)

  Educational Benefits of Lego Engineering Lab

Howdy, There are many benefits to installing a Lego based engineering program in schools. I culled the following from a white paper my company has online ( (URL) ) regarding the benefits of creating a Lego engineering lab. I hope the following can (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.edu)

  Legos as a Function of Applied History

LEGO® products as a Function of Applied History... As a history teacher, I find it exciting that we can explore the history with Legos! In my experience at the PCS Centers, I have had students model ancient structures, ancient machines, or model the (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jun-00, to lugnet.edu)

  Legos as a Function of Art

Howdy, Pat McShane the founder of PCS Edventures.COM authored a list that described various subject areas that can be taught with Lego elements. This list covered a range of topics from anthropology to zoology. One area he discussed was art. Pat (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jun-00, to lugnet.edu)

  Robot Club Held in Public Library

Howdy All, An acquaintence of mine in El Paso started a Robot Club in the Public Library. He gave me permission to post his letter to me here...I thought to share and encourage grass roots efforts like this one! ***SNIP*** Great news, the robotics (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jun-00, to lugnet.edu)

  Re: Legos and Homeschooling

(...) <snipped text> (...) Well, I am homeschooled, but I've never really done any projects with Legos that would help in my schooling. I have always been more into the system sets rather than Technic, although I love Technic as well, it's just that (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jun-00, to lugnet.edu)

  Re: Writing A Proposal

Howdy, ...since I am in the business of setting up "Lego engineering labs," I have become very familiar with writing proposals. ( Although the most interesting was assisting a fellow writing a proposal to get a supply of Lego elements for the (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.datfest, lugnet.publish, lugnet.edu)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact