 Education / 104
Re: More Thoughts about Girls and Legos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.edu
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 2000 21:56:33 GMT

In lugnet.edu, David Eaton writes:

And back to the original point, I believe that this is due to psychological
differences in the genetic makeup of males and females. It's not an issue of
competency, it's an issue of motivation, which is highly influenced by simple
cognative differences in males and females. But there are most certainly
exceptions to the rule-- not only genetically, but also exceptions caused by
experience (upbrining, really). As such, women may certainly be motivated in
the same way as men in terms of building and technology-- it just happens less
often.

There's a sex-based "don't play with lego" gene?!?  :-)

Bruce

(I think one could better point the finger at social and cultural traditions)