 Education / *81 (-20)
  Re: Yes LEGO did make drafting paper!

(...) Lego also included some sheets in early Brick Kicks magazines. The boxes in the grid were the size of a 1x1 plate. Jeff, "Thallid Lord" Save the Whales! I may get hungry later... :) ICQ #66153738 (URL) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.edu)

  Yes LEGO did make drafting paper!

TLC actually did make a drafting type paper back in the 1960's. The Architectural Sets (#750, #751, #752) each came with several sheets of this paper, which looks more like graph paper. Each box within the grid was the size of a 1x1 brick. The (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.edu)

  Re: drafting paper

(...) I'm not remembering the exact, specific definition of 'isometric', but I've produced some isometric-type graph paper that is quite useful for LEGO designing. The grid is made of vertical lines and diagonal lines which are at about a 20-degree (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.edu)

  Re: drafting paper

hmmm, I wish I had read further before I replied to Stephen's post a few minutes earlier. I think that an isometric grid would not work too well without some distortion. Since the stud side is a different measurement that the other sides (except (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.edu)

  Re: I just held a Lego Show!

(...) snip . . . Dacta publishes the lesson plan as a "Teachers Guide" or an "Activity Pack". They refer to the building instructions that Dacta publishes as "Building Cards". So, you need both even if you already have the building pieces. If you (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.dacta, lugnet.edu, lugnet.general)

  Re: drafting paper

(...) "overhead" paper provides a medium for sketching "plan" views, ie, looking straight down at the tops of brick studs. The other paper offers an "elevation" view, ie, looking at the side of a wall marked for plates because 3 plates high = 1 (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.edu)

  New version of StarLogo

Forward is of an announcement I received from the MIT Media Lab's Epistemology and Learning group. Mitchel Resnick conceived StarLogo and implemented the original version on the Connection Machine. A related book of his is titled, "Turtles, Termites (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.edu, lugnet.robotics.logo)

  Re: I just held a Lego Show!

(...) Snip I'd love to get all of their stuff. It sounds great. I don't think I can get the school or the PTA to buy any until I look at the lesson plans, and show them how easy and appropriate they would be. I'll buy some of the lesson plans as (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.dacta, lugnet.edu, lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO Activity Binders

Wow! A report from the sorce. gosh. thanks. and welcome! I do like the DUPLO Machines sets, very much. I will have to buy these books. I own a healthy-sized DUPLO collection, including many TOOLO and Gear elements (they're great) yet I am glad to (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-00, to lugnet.dacta, lugnet.edu)

  Re: LEGO Activity Binders

Dear Suz and Rob Yes - there is tons of good stuff inside. Designed for a DUPLO collectiuon - but you can do them with 'found' materials too. Should be between 20 and 30 activities in each binder - all integrated math science technology language. (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-00, to lugnet.dacta, lugnet.edu)

  Re: I just held a Lego Show!

Pitsco-Dacta has soom good (assumed good, I don't have any of these curricula guides) class room focused materials: Technic I Simple Machines Curriculum (W770999): $27.50 102 page lesson plan guide, no parts Technic I Teachers Guide (W771035): (...) (24 years ago, 10-Mar-00, to lugnet.dacta, lugnet.edu, lugnet.general)

  Re: I just held a Lego Show!

(...) I have been mulling this over, too. I am a member of the science support commitee of the parent's organization at my son's school (K-8, ages 6-14 for non-USA). I showed some of the committee members some technic and got volunteered to do a (...) (24 years ago, 10-Mar-00, to lugnet.dacta, lugnet.edu, lugnet.general)

  Re: Elementary Lego Mindstorm Robotics Club

My apologies if this is something you have already explored: Pitsco-DACTA sells the Mindstorms components in an education format called Robolab. Go to: (URL) search on W990084 for the starter set (4 units + software site license). There are lots of (...) (24 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.edu)

  Re: I just held a Lego Show!

(...) What I just did wasn't a presentation kind of thing, it was more like an art exhibition where you just go round and look at the exhibits. The other thing I do is a Technic building session every Wed afternoon: the kids call it a "class" but (...) (24 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.dacta, lugnet.edu, lugnet.general)

  Elementary Lego Mindstorm Robotics Club

Hi, I teach in Nebraska and am starting up an after-school Robotics Club at our school. I submitted a request for funds and a mini-budget. It was approved and now I have the task of purchasing materials. The bulk of the budget is going to be spend (...) (24 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.edu)

  Re: I just held a Lego Show!

Kevin Wilson <70641.507@compuserve.com> wrote in message news:38C42409.2C1679...rve.com... (...) This brings up a point that I've been mulling over for some time. Has anyone put together a "How to do a LEGO guest lecture at your local school"? I've (...) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-00, to lugnet.dacta, lugnet.edu, lugnet.general)

  Re: Linear Programming

Misspelled URL corrected, below: (...) Miles Gentry (24 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.edu)

  Re: LEGO Activity Binders

I assume there is curricula within. -Suz (...) (24 years ago, 1-Mar-00, to lugnet.dacta, lugnet.edu)

  Linear Programming

Not related to "robotic computer programming". For an in-class exercise using Lego or Duplo brick to illustrate the economics of linear programming during a one-hour lecture, you should see an article titled "Lego of my simplex" by Norman (...) (24 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.edu)

  Re: LEGO Activity Binders

Is there anything in them?? I'd hate to think someone is selling an empty binder for $40 even if its Canadian money. -Rob. Suzanne D. Rich <suz@baseplate.com> wrote in message news:FqM3pE.oF@lugnet.com... (...) (24 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.dacta, lugnet.edu)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact