 Dacta / 57
Re: I just held a Lego Show!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dacta, lugnet.edu, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 03:26:04 GMT

In lugnet.dacta, Carolyn Cheney writes:
In lugnet.dacta, Rob Doucette writes:
Pitsco-Dacta has soom good (assumed good, I don't have any of these
curricula guides) class room focused materials:
Snip

I'd love to get all of their stuff.  It sounds great.  I don't think I can get
the school or the PTA to buy any until I look at the lesson plans, and
show them how easy and appropriate they would be.  I'll buy some of the >lesson plans as soon as I can free up some money.
snip . . .
Dacta publishes the lesson plan as a "Teachers Guide" or an "Activity Pack".
They refer to the building instructions that Dacta publishes as "Building
Cards".  So, you need both even if you already have the building pieces.  If
you buy the building set, then you get the Building Cards but not the
Teachers Guide nor the Activity Pack.

Advice:  Buy one extra set of the color Building Cards because the students
will lose or destroy some of the cards that come with each set of parts.

More advice:  Use photocopies of the teachers B/W literature and keep the
originals in a safe place.

Only Pitsco sells the Building Cards separately for the following sets:
Manufacturing, Simple Machines Motorized & Non-Motorized, Technic I
Comprehensive Simple Machines, and Technic Wheels & Axles.  If enough people
ask, them perhaps Pitsco would offer to sell Building Cards for more of the
Dacta sets.

Enjoy teaching, Miles Gentry