 Education / *166 (-20)
  Mindstorms from a PowerBook: A Call for Participation

A national education-tool development effort is looking for beta testers and volunteer hackers. from 'The PowerBook Source' website, June 15, 2001: 'Controlling LEGO Mindstorms from a PowerBook: A Call for Participation' by Frank Klassner (URL) (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.edu, lugnet.general)

  Seymour Papert in The Irish Times

The Irish Times, Friday, June 22, 2001 "Storming the Open Mind" (URL) (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.edu, lugnet.robotics.edu, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Replacement Black Lego String

I'm in need of a rather large amount of the Black Lego String (thread). Does anyone have an idea for alternate sources or substitutes for it? Thanks, John (AKA:freightmaster) (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.edu)

  cleaning legos

one time I found a sight, long time ago on how to clean legos. Can anyone tell me where I would go to find out how to clean yard sale legos? Not sure I can find where I posted this again . dfranich1@home.com (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.edu)

  Re: What to do with all those wheels

"Maggie Cambron" <mcambron@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:GEKs4o.FxC@lugnet.com... (...) noticed (...) check it (...) up and (...) verified (...) wheels (...) surprised (...) structure (...) he got (...) this (...) We did something similar for (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jun-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.edu)

  Re: What to do with all those wheels

(...) Sounds good to me! (...) Glad to hear they made it through that black hole called the Richmond Postal Distribution Center... Maggie (23 years ago, 7-Jun-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.edu)

  Re: What to do with all those wheels

(...) That's brilliant! I'm sure lots of us have bought some excessivly Juniorized sets just to get a few special pieces or because they were on sale, and would like to dump some of the pieces that are never used in our adult MOC's. Donate them to (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jun-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.edu)

  Re: What to do with all those wheels

(...) Ummmm -- I'll take 'em off your hands, and return half of them as gorgeous customs! Deal? Like I should be making deals with the woman who sent me two large black feathers gratis... A thousand thanks, O Great Lego Angel Maggie! -- Hop-Frog (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jun-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.edu)

  What to do with all those wheels

Yesterday I was at my kindergartener's end of school open house and I noticed two half full buckets of Lego in the play area, so of course I had to check it out. Wow, what a thrashed and trashed assortment! And then my son came up and very sadly (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jun-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.edu)

  Another good day for Mecha

Yes today was another good day for Mecha. Today I brought my big Mech-bot to New York City's Chelsea Vocational/Charter High School. Classes that participated in using Lego Mindstorms in the clasroom got to see what Lego can do and ask questions (...) (23 years ago, 31-May-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.edu)

  Finished Our First Year of Robotics Club

Well, my first year as sponsor of an elementary school robotics club is coming to a close. We just have the pizza party left and then weeks and weeks of re-sorting each Mindstorm kit ;) I learned a lot this year through trial and error. I started (...) (23 years ago, 14-May-01, to lugnet.edu)

  Elem./Middle School Robotics

I posted the following under "Dear Lego" a few days back but in retrospect it should have been referenced here as well. I've finished this semester's lunchtime courses and am in the process of re-thinking this approach for next year. It strikes me (...) (23 years ago, 9-May-01, to lugnet.edu, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Iowa State U. students use Legos to learn technology

Speaking of LEGO golf courses, here is one made by my 6th graders, with lots of pictures: (URL)These links don't seem to stick around for long, which is disapointing, but (...) (23 years ago, 4-May-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.edu, lugnet.robotics.edu)

  Re: Iowa State U. students use Legos to learn technology

(...) These links don't seem to stick around for long, which is disapointing, but here's another story on the same group: Iowa State U. students design Lego golf course (URL) (23 years ago, 28-Apr-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.edu, lugnet.robotics.edu)

  RoboLab Webring

|I am interested in starting a webring for web sites that primarily use |RoboLab. I noticed that there was a Mindstorms webring, but that the sites |associated with this webring mainly focus on the RIS programming |environment. I have found that the (...) (23 years ago, 20-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.edu, lugnet.robotics)

  Iowa State U. students use Legos to learn technology

from article: " Iowa State U. students use Legos to learn technology [...] As part of Iowa State University's "Preparing Today's Teachers For Tomorrow" program, Computer Engineering 370 -- Toying With Technology -- helps pre-service teachers in the (...) (23 years ago, 29-Mar-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.edu, lugnet.robotics.edu)

  New Site

I have created a new site as a reference for educators using RoboLab in the classroom. I would love to have some of you visit the site and provide feedback. At present we have only a few examples, but we are working on adding many more. The most (...) (23 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.edu, lugnet.robotics.edu, lugnet.robotics.events.robot-arena, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.loc.us.in) !

  Student Nomination for Lego Media

Howdy, This is a reply to LEGO Media's call for interesting and innovating students of LEGO. I thought to share here as well, as this is the kind of student I would like to see our classrooms produce. There is a group of kids I work with who are all (...) (23 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.edu)

  Re: Elementary Lego Mindstorm Robotics Club

I think John has some great suggestions. In addition you may want to check if your retailer gives a discount to teachers. My local Zany Brainy takes off 10%. Maggie C. (...) (23 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.edu)

  Re: Elementary Lego Mindstorm Robotics Club

(...) Regarding supplies, irt is easier and cheaper to do purchasing outside the usual school procedures. These limit options and usually result in HIGHER prices. If you have any local merchants - toys or such - that carry Lego, see if you can cut a (...) (23 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.edu)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact