 General / 30790
Re: What to do with all those wheels
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.edu
Date:
Thu, 7 Jun 2001 20:30:59 GMT

"Maggie Cambron" <mcambron@pacbell.net> writes:
Yesterday I was at my kindergartener's end of school open house and I noticed
two half full buckets of Lego in the play area, so of course I had to check it
out.  Wow, what a thrashed and trashed assortment!  And then my son came up and
very sadly told me it was no fun to play with LEGO at school because Alex
always hogs all the wheels (evidently the kids love to build cars).  I verified
the lack of wheels with the teacher and offered to bring in a few extra wheels
we have.  So today my kid took in a bucket brimming with wheels, axles,
windshields, tow hooks, headlight printed bricks, Timmys, perpetually surprised
professors, extra bricks (in case some kids actually want to build a structure
or something!)... well, you get the picture.  My kid was pleased because he got
to be "in charge" of the LEGO today, and the teacher was tickled to get this
addition which effectively doubled the class collection.

That's brilliant!  I'm sure lots of us have bought some excessivly
Juniorized sets just to get a few special pieces or because they were
on sale, and would like to dump some of the pieces that are never used
in our adult MOC's.  Donate them to schools!  Duh, I shoulda thoughta
that.

--Bill.

                    (formerly known as hermit@bayview.com)
                   Life is too important to take seriously.