 General / 30791
Re: Bionicle commercial before movie
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Thu, 7 Jun 2001 20:32:08 GMT

"Marc Nelson Jr." <manjr@bricksonthebrain.com> writes:
I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this; I searched "Bionicle movie
preview" and didn't get anything.

Anyway, last weekend before either Pearl Harbor or A Knight's Tale, I saw a
commercial for Bionicle during the previews. There was a voice-over talking
about canisters washing up on Mata Nui, and then all the Bionicles were
introduced. The only mention of LEGO was when the red square logo was on the
screen at the end of the commercial.

On the one hand, it's nice to see LEGO making an effort to promote itself to
a wide audience, but on the other, I wish they had put that kind of effort
into a decent product instead of this garbage.

Nothing to add, but I wanted to crosspost this to the
lugnet.mediawatch group.

--Bill.

                    (formerly known as hermit@bayview.com)
                   Life is too important to take seriously.