 Duplo / 560
Re: 4085 Bucket (Explore)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.duplo
Date:
Sun, 28 Jul 2002 21:58:28 GMT

In lugnet.duplo, Christopher L. Weeks writes:
In lugnet.duplo, Deidre Rushton Brumby writes:
In lugnet.duplo, Maggie Cambron writes:
Actually this makes more sense because it seems a 2 x 2 Duplo plate would
border on being a choking hazard for small children.

I had wondered about that too.  I do think that some of the existing Duplo
pieces are bordering on choking hazards anyway, things like the saucepan.  I
gather that technically they pass the relevant standards as safe otherwise
they wouldn't be sold in the first place (I certainly hope so!)

How do they test it?  I'd hate to be one of the babies in their panel of
experts...

Chris

They have to not be able to fit down a tube of a certain diameter, which I
gather is slightly larger than the size of a baby's windpipe or esophagus.

Adrian