 Duplo / 528
527  |  529
Subject:
Explore now at Legoland,CA (Re: A little more info on Explore)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.duplo, lugnet.legoland.california
Date:
Tue, 28 May 2002 02:14:33 GMT

In lugnet.duplo, Julie Krenz writes:
I was at Wal-Mart today and they had a few more of the Explore sets out.

Bob the Builder seems to be continuing in the Explore line.
They had $5.00 sets with 9 pieces, each featuring a character and an activity.

I saw:
Wallpapering Wendy #3278
Busy Bob #3279
Naughty Spud #3281

I looked more closely at the bucket I saw earlier. There are 90 pieces for
about $10. Plus the side of the bucket shows an Explore tub #3099, but I
couldn't see a piece count.

The bucket I saw was #4085:
14 2x2 in red, blue, green
15 2x2 in yellow
3  2x4 in blue, green, yellow
4  2x4 in red

Plus a few big slopey pieces, some 2x2 eyeballs and a few other misc pieces.

Julie

I was at Legoland, CA today and they seemed to have prettymuch the entire
line of Explore (from what I have seen) as well as a few items I had not
seen. They had a different bucket from what you descriped above, I missed
the item number, but it had many black 2x2's and a few plates even.

But the most interesting thing was they had duplo sets in the Explore boxes.
They were re-numbered and some of the elements were in different colors. But
it seems they are keeping some of the newer Duplo sets going on slightly
re-done. I scanned 2 boxes of the same set, one in duplo and one in explore:
You can see the Explore set comes with 2 more peices and the stop sign is
completly different and the stand for the sign is also different (much
better at holding the sign than the Duplo version). And also worth noting is
the explore set costs $1 more than the duplo set.

They also had a few of the musical toys, they looked pretty cool, but pretty
expensive. They had one of those push-walker things that make noise (that
you can get a non-musical one at TRU for $6, or a musical version for $15)
for $40. You could put in different musical items to make it play different
songs and such, but for $40 I did not put that much attention towards it.

But brickwise speaking, it looks like we are going to be offered many new
parts, and that is a verrrrrry good thing!!

Have fun
Mark P
http://landofbricks.com