 Duplo / 264 (-20)
  "New" Duplo

I do mean new! It is hard to get an idea of the scale: (URL) here: (URL) seen this in the shops yet? Scott A (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: New Duplo Trains

(...) Thanks for all your excellent comments Deirdre!! (...) The first thing I did when I opened the <set:2738 box> was set it up to make half a double bridge. Do you put straight or curved track between the four bridge sections you make? (...) Let (...) (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.au, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.duplo)

  New Duplo Trains (was Re: Myer Value Packs)

(...) Buy track, and tunnels, I'm not impressed with the new sets (see below). If that's your 1st bridge, buy another, much more you can do with two. Lots of straight track, you'll probably pick up enough curved track in other sets. I've bought (...) (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.au, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.duplo)

  Bob The Builder Duplo

Hi all, Haven't seen this mentioned on lugnet but the press release is around a month old. Lego has licensed Bob the Builder and plans to release a 5 set Duplo range next year, due for release around September. (URL) Company “Cements” Deal With (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: LEGO RACERS (DUPLO?)

(...) Hi Nick It looks to me as though these may be an extension of the Action Wheelers/Toolo sets. Although there is not a screwdriver in sight. I hope they are, as my 4 yr old son would be thrilled with "monster" duplo, as he is of the age where (...) (24 years ago, 29-Oct-00, to lugnet.duplo)

  1614 Special Duplo Farmhouse

Not in database: Set Number: 1614 Set Name: Special Duplo Farmhouse Sub Theme: LEGO PreSchool Number of Elements: 28 Number of Figures: 2 Year: 1993 List Price: ? Scans: small (URL) you're interested in this set see: (URL) (24 years ago, 28-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.year.1993)

  LEGO RACERS (DUPLO?)

Go to (URL) ,and look at Shredd. It looks like either the cars are very small, or he's a duplo piece. That would explain the one-piece ish look of the cars. What do you think? NICK ;^\ (24 years ago, 28-Oct-00, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Anyone bought the "my bot" yet?

(...) Thanks for your help, mine was definitely not working correctly. Based on your info I was able to get the store to swap it (thank goodness they had another one, I've never seen them on the shelves anywhere else) and the new one works (...) (24 years ago, 25-Oct-00, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Anyone bought the "my bot" yet?

(...) no, mine works more like you'd expect... if I'd fly it around the room, and Jenn light a flashlight at from all the way across the room, it'd detect it and lose a life... lights on, and all. Also, the yellow reset buttom worked just fine... I (...) (24 years ago, 24-Oct-00, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Anyone bought the "my bot" yet?

(...) Could you please describe how your light sensor works? I'm not sure if mine is malfunctioning or not, I rang Lego Australia and they couldn't tell me but they said I could send it to them (at my expense) and they would get it checked out. I'd (...) (24 years ago, 24-Oct-00, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Anyone bought the "my bot" yet?

(...) yah, we got it... and I was having quite a bit of fun to play with it. comes with 3 "light" bricks and 3 "sound" bricks... each makes the brick act differently... react to light, or movement, etc... Dan (24 years ago, 22-Oct-00, to lugnet.duplo)

  Anyone bought the "my bot" yet?

Anyone bought the "my bot" yet? Is it worth it? The box sounds rather empty? Scott A (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Origin of the words "Duplo" and "Scala"

(...) I always assumed that "Scala" was based on the word Scale. The figures and models seem geared towards a roughly real-world scale (as opposed to say, minifig scale... in which cars are never wide enough for two people to sit side-by-side). Tony (24 years ago, 18-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.scala)

  Re: Origin of the words "Duplo" and "Scala"

(...) DUPLO is like "double" or "duplicate" or "duplicity" -- i.e. 2x, which is how much bigger LEGO DUPLO bricks are compared to LEGO SYSTEM bricks. (Well, 2x in each of 3 dimensions, anyway.) SCALA was originally used for a line of LEGO jewelry (...) (24 years ago, 18-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.scala)

  Origin of the words "Duplo" and "Scala"

How did they come up with those? They don't seem to be based on any words I can think of. (24 years ago, 18-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.scala)

  Re: Question about DUPLO elephants

(...) In 4216 Lego System Basic there is a large blue elephant head. It may be in some of the smaller sets too. sheree (24 years ago, 16-Oct-00, to lugnet.duplo, lugnet.fabuland)

  Re: Question about DUPLO elephants

(...) heads come off easily if you pull hard enough :) There wouldn't be much point though, as you'd have to find something to attach it to cheers sue ann (24 years ago, 16-Oct-00, to lugnet.duplo, lugnet.fabuland)

"Greg Perry" <supernerd23@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:G2HC2v.GGy@lugnet.com... (...) and (...) I believe they are all solid (the adult is anyways). Your best bet may be 3601 Elton Elephant from Fabuland: (URL) don't that his head can be easily (...) (24 years ago, 15-Oct-00, to lugnet.duplo, lugnet.fabuland)

  Re: Question about DUPLO elephants

(...) I am pretty sure that the Duplo Animals are one piece. I also don't know about the older Faubuland pieces. One of the elephant characters may work for you. My suggestion is to use one of the freestyle elephant head pieces. I don't recall which (...) (24 years ago, 15-Oct-00, to lugnet.duplo, lugnet.general)

  Question about DUPLO elephants

Does anyone know if the heads from either of the two versions of the DUPLO elephants (adult & child) are removable from the bodies? I want to build a LEGO sculpture of the elephant-headed Hindu god Ganesha and would like to use a DUPLO piece for the (...) (24 years ago, 15-Oct-00, to lugnet.duplo)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact