 Duplo / *766 (-10)
Re: Duplo set 514
Newsgroups:
lugnet.duplo
Date:
Tue, 31 Jul 2007 20:53:11 GMT

In lugnet.duplo, Linda Knorpel wrote:
   Hi

I have just found the box for Duplo 514 circa 1972, but I can’t work out what bits go in it. (The set is my husbands and he can’t remember).

The pieces I have found do not fit well in the packaging and there is plenty of room for more.

Does anyone have a list of what pieces should be in this kit?

Many thanks

Linda

Here’s what I’ve been able to piece together from the 1972 catalog:

Duplo Brick 2 x 6 x 2 with Curved Center
2 red
2 yellow
1 blue

Duplo Brick 2 x 4
2 red
2 yellow
3 blue

Brick 2 x 2
1 red
2 yellow
3 blue

The set entry on Peeron entry shows a piece count of 17, but looking at the model on the box and in the pieces in the window, I say there are at least 18 pieces; the plastic window clearly shows a second, yellow 2 x 6 x 2 with Curved Center. I’m curious if there is an actual part number on the bottom of those curved pieces. Any chance you could take a flashlight an look?

If you do get an proper inventory, please post here it or submit it to Peeron so everybody can benefit.

--Jack AFOL, St. Louis

Subject:
Duplo set 514
Newsgroups:
lugnet.duplo
Date:
Tue, 31 Jul 2007 16:35:22 GMT

Hi

I have just found the box for Duplo 514 circa 1972, but I can't work out what
bits go in it.  (The set is my husbands and he can't remember).

The pieces I have found do not fit well in the packaging and there is plenty of
room for more.

Does anyone have a list of what pieces should be in this kit?

Many thanks

Linda

Re: Where are the 2007 Duplo Sets?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.duplo
Date:
Tue, 20 Feb 2007 20:02:09 GMT

In lugnet.duplo, Jack Hawk wrote:
--- Jack Hawk <jack_lego_maniac@yahoo.com> wrote:

-snip-

Any word on the 2007 Duplo sets, specifically
the
Thomas and Friends line?

--Jack
AFOL, St. Louis
[to reply, remove "diespamdie." from address]

-snip-

I know, bad form to reply to myself, yadda yadda yadda... :-)

I've received two e-mail about the new Thomas and Friends line. Both
have mentioned the new Thomas and Friends line-up will be Salty,
Spencer and Gordon.

--Jack
AFOL, St. Louis

Hi,
  Here are a few pics of the new Thomas sets here:

<http://www.asmzine.com/toyfair07/gallery/LEGO/Duplo/index.html>

Ken
Yahoo! Music Unlimited
Access over 1 million songs.
http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited

Re: Where are the 2007 Duplo Sets?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.duplo
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2007 20:32:47 GMT

--- Jack Hawk <jack_lego_maniac@yahoo.com> wrote:

I've seen some sneak-peeks of the new 2007 sets for Castle,
Mars/Space,
SW, City and Batman. Any word on the 2007 Duplo sets, specifically
the
Thomas and Friends line?

My daughter and I really enjoy the Thomas trains and we're looking
forward to expanding the collection. I did see the pirates and castle
stuff on S@H (they look really great), but some of it is a bit
pricey,
IMO.

Just curious.

--Jack
AFOL, St. Louis
[to reply, remove "diespamdie." from address]

I know, bad form to reply to myself, yadda yadda yadda... :-)

I've received two e-mail about the new Thomas and Friends line. Both
have mentioned the new Thomas and Friends line-up will be Salty,
Spencer and Gordon. According to one of the sites[1] forwarded to me
(http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0058p?&N=N&P=G&B=Y&F=LNPGV8&L=GALF8807&C=FACGAL),
prices will be in the range $12.99 to $29.99. A German site[1]
corroborates this:
http://www.preisroboter.de/search.php?search=lego+thomas&x=0&y=0&min=&max=
- if you read German. The unconfirmed release date is August[2].

A few of the non-Thomas sets are available on Brickshelf[1]:

--Jack
AFOL, St. Louis

[1] Courtesy of Darrell Kienzle
[2] Courtesy of Chris Howard

Yahoo! Music Unlimited
Access over 1 million songs.
http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited

Subject:
Duplo Intelli-trains site
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.duplo
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 2007 14:21:46 GMT

A guy called Jeremy on the Trackdraw Yahoo group linked to his Duplo
Intelli-train site which I thought was pretty interesting, especially the
hacking page

http://cavefish.net/intelli-train/

Tim

Subject:
Where are the 2007 Duplo Sets?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.duplo
Date:
Fri, 5 Jan 2007 21:36:25 GMT

I've seen some sneak-peeks of the new 2007 sets for Castle, Mars/Space,
SW, City and Batman. Any word on the 2007 Duplo sets, specifically the
Thomas and Friends line?

My daughter and I really enjoy the Thomas trains and we're looking
forward to expanding the collection. I did see the pirates and castle
stuff on S@H (they look really great), but some of it is a bit pricey,
IMO.

Just curious.

--Jack
AFOL, St. Louis
[to reply, remove "diespamdie." from address]

Re: End of Dora the Explorer in LEGO?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo
Date:
Wed, 6 Dec 2006 00:33:01 GMT

And MegaBloks has just announced, that they have got a new license with
Nickelodeon, including Dora.
I wonder what that would mean for the Spongebob and Avatar licenses they
recently obtained...

Subject:
End of Dora the Explorer in LEGO?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo
Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 2006 10:15:08 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hi,

I notice, that last years DUPLO sets with Dora the Explorer are no longer to be
found at Shop-at-Home.

And MegaBloks has just announced, that they have got a new license with
Nickelodeon, including Dora.

So does that mean, that LEGO's license for Dora was only a 1-year license? Or
that the sets simply didn't sell enough??  The license didn't cover Europe, by
the way...

Arne, Copenhagen

Re: rewrite squad car
Newsgroups:
lugnet.duplo, lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 2006 21:05:38 GMT

Anthony Garrison wrote:

Hmm, can we have this obvious SPAM deleted?

I know Lugnet does not normally delete posts, but this is eggregarious.

Frank

Re: LEGO Recalls Duplo 3509 Brickbuster Super Truck
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Fri, 29 Sep 2006 17:05:31 GMT

In lugnet.general, Mark Benz wrote:

U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission recall notice, 20 Sept. 2006:
http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml06/06262.html

Lego Recall FAQ:
http://www.lego.com/eng/service/recall.asp?prod=3509SuperTruck

Refund form here:
http://cache.lego.com/upload/contentTemplating/ConsumerService-ProductRecall/otherfiles/2057/upload84A0C14B-3997-4E55-AB56-2B0C06ABEFC9.pdf

Mark

In a related story, Irresponsible Parent Magazine is reporting that God has
recalled children stating that some parents are found to be unable to supervise
children properly. This recall is voluntary but the magazine states clearly that
parents incapable or unwilling to supervise children should return them to their
local Department of Children and Family Services where the almighty will find
competent adults able to watch young children at play.

In a world of exploding exploding laptop batteries, which are allowed to fly on
airplanes, a tire falling off a metal rod hardly seems worth a global recall.

Since I am eager to have a family, I would love the responsibility to supervise
children.

Sorry to those that get upset at this poor attempt at humor and do not see the
sarcasm in the above.

Sincerely, respectfully, and raise your children well,

Todd

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact