 Duplo / 769
Re: Duplo set 514
Newsgroups:
lugnet.duplo
Date:
Tue, 31 Jul 2007 20:53:11 GMT

In lugnet.duplo, Linda Knorpel wrote:
   Hi

I have just found the box for Duplo 514 circa 1972, but I can’t work out what bits go in it. (The set is my husbands and he can’t remember).

The pieces I have found do not fit well in the packaging and there is plenty of room for more.

Does anyone have a list of what pieces should be in this kit?

Many thanks

Linda

Here’s what I’ve been able to piece together from the 1972 catalog:

Duplo Brick 2 x 6 x 2 with Curved Center
2 red
2 yellow
1 blue

Duplo Brick 2 x 4
2 red
2 yellow
3 blue

Brick 2 x 2
1 red
2 yellow
3 blue

The set entry on Peeron entry shows a piece count of 17, but looking at the model on the box and in the pieces in the window, I say there are at least 18 pieces; the plastic window clearly shows a second, yellow 2 x 6 x 2 with Curved Center. I’m curious if there is an actual part number on the bottom of those curved pieces. Any chance you could take a flashlight an look?

If you do get an proper inventory, please post here it or submit it to Peeron so everybody can benefit.

--Jack AFOL, St. Louis