 Dear LEGO / 5451
    Re: Where Have All the Studs Gone? —Allister McLaren
   (...) Seems to me the best place to get studded technic is in non-technic sets. The Dino attack helicopter, several exoforce sets, designer sets etc are all appearing with at least some studded technic. Otherwise, perhaps it's time to update your (...) (18 years ago, 4-Dec-06, to lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

        Re: Where Have All the Studs Gone? —Chris Phillips
   (...) The studless beams have their place, but they are not a perfect replacement for studded beams in all circumstances. A studded beam can almost always be used in place of a studless one, but the reverse is not true. If I wanted to place (...) (18 years ago, 5-Dec-06, to lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

        Re: Where Have All the Studs Gone? —Ross Crawford
     (...) Actually, I'd like to see your analysis of that statement. (...) I prefer to think of them as "challenges" rather than "roadblocks". (...) I'm not even sure studs CAN be trademarked. But their trademark logo is prominent on the front. (...) (...) (18 years ago, 5-Dec-06, to lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

        Re: Where Have All the Studs Gone? —Allister McLaren
   (...) whinge whinge whinge. It's not even a new whinge. The studdless 'debate' has been ongoing for years as far as I can tell. What's next? A whinge about Town Junior? (18 years ago, 5-Dec-06, to lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

        Re: Where Have All the Studs Gone? —Chris Phillips
     (...) Allister, You are getting somewhat off-topic for both this newsgroup and this thread. Perhaps you would like to bring your fascinating insights over to a more relevant newsgroup where we can all ignore you in peace? FUT: (...) (18 years ago, 5-Dec-06, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

         Re: Where Have All the Studs Gone? —Allister McLaren
     (...) You should be grateful anyone responds to your blithering at all. Seems to me everyone else moved on from the studless whinge ages ago, and apparently don't particularly want to go there again. This thread lost relevance after the first post, (...) (18 years ago, 5-Dec-06, to lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

        Re: Where Have All the Studs Gone? —Bob Parker
   (...) Here's some irony - Town Jr. is what brought me out of my 3rd Dark Ages all those years ago when it first came out. I bought almost all of them because they were readily available in stores. The race car transporter, the construction vehicle (...) (18 years ago, 5-Dec-06, to lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)