 Dear LEGO / 5429
    Technic, what happened to the good old days? —Allan Porter
   I grew up during, what was in my opinion, the golden age of technic (1992-1996 was the best). I remember seeing a technic model in those square catalogues and thinking WOW. So many functions and new functional pieces. I remember staring at pictures (...) (18 years ago, 19-Jul-06, to lugnet.dear-lego)

        Re: Technic, what happened to the good old days? —Allan Porter
     Hi all me again. Just found some amazing part designs on brickshelf. (URL) would be so awsome if these were put into production. Kudos to whoever designed them. The modern sets are good but they would be so much better with new functional parts like (...) (18 years ago, 21-Jul-06, to lugnet.technic)

         Re: Technic, what happened to the good old days? —Ross Crawford
     (...) Agreed. One part I'd love to see is a "cap" piece that fits over the "top" end of pneumatic cylinders, with pins on each side, so they can be attached at that end as well as the bottom. Or alternatively (possibly better) a new cylinder with (...) (18 years ago, 21-Jul-06, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: Technic, what happened to the good old days? —Danny Staple
     (...) You know, I still have never owned that set, and would still like to at some point, maybe if I can buy a mint one on brickshelf or ebay I would. It was one of the best. You know, I always thought that a massive crossover between the space line (...) (18 years ago, 21-Jul-06, to lugnet.dear-lego)

         Re: Technic, what happened to the good old days? —Allan Porter
     (...) I agree. A space themed technic based line could really showcase some cool stuctural building techniques and could be tied in with lego system quite nicely. These should be completely new and not limited to designs in a movie franchise. (...) (...) (18 years ago, 21-Jul-06, to lugnet.dear-lego)

        Re: Technic, what happened to the good old days? —Allan Porter
   Hi all me again. Earlier in the week I posted this: (...) Well I have posted some pictures on brickshelf of the synchromesh gears and differencial with a crown gear. There is some other new parts I'de like to see lego put into production. (URL) (18 years ago, 26-Jul-06, to lugnet.dear-lego)

        Re: Technic, what happened to the good old days? —Richard Nock
   (...) the barcode truck - the models after it did not give me the urge to race down toys r us with money ;). Technic needs new pieces, perhaps more realistic gearbox parts so a more gearbox like action can be attained, anti roll bar pieces, real (...) (18 years ago, 15-Jan-07, to lugnet.dear-lego)

        Re: Technic, what happened to the good old days? —Allan Porter
   (...) I really like all these ideas i think there are plenty of ideas hear and in this and other similar threds to keep the technic line fresh for years. (...) You have raised a very good point. Technic is trying to compete with other market areas (...) (18 years ago, 11-Feb-07, to lugnet.dear-lego)