 Dear LEGO / 5242
Re: A few requests to enhance the System
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 18 Mar 2005 20:20:39 GMT

"Brian Davis" <brdavis@iusb.edu> wrote in message
In lugnet.dear-lego, David Simmons wrote:

the studless beams the holes are right next to
each other, whereas on the studded beams the
holes have a much larger space in-between.

   I must be missing something here. When I place a studless beam beside a
normal Technic beam, the inter-hole spacing is exactly the same - one • stud. Do
you have the same parts I have?

Indeed we do!  Thanks for discovering the error in my description.  What I
meant to say was that if you place a studless beam next to a studded beam
the hole spacing can be aligned, but you'll notice that the studless beam
and the studdes beam are different lengths.

For example, take a 1x8 studded beam and place it alongside it a studless
beam with the corresponding number of Technic holes and you'll immediately
notice that the studless beam is 1x7.

What I was wishing for was a studded beam with the Technic studs aligned
directly under the studs so that studded and studless beams could be mated
(perhaps the filthiest sentence ever using Legospeak!) but also for easier
transition from Technic pieces to regular bricks and plates.

Is that clear?

Dave