 Dear LEGO / 5157 (-20)
  Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company / Call for your signs! (no discussions here please)

I agree with the general content of the letter. The new dark gray is not so bad, but please, don't stop to produce the parts in the old grays! Luca Giannitti, Turin - Italy (20 years ago, 20-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company / Call for your signs! (no discussions here please)

(...) Dear Spemcer, I have to disagree with your assumptions. Can you prove they do not run both grey and blay? You do know nothing about this, as you said. When I was in Billund a few month ago (september) they did. And when Jan Beyer (kind of our (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company / Call for your signs! (no discussions here please)

I agree to the above letter and sign it: Daniel Jassim, age 31; Lawndale, California, U.S.A. I spent roughly $2,500 per year on Lego products, including theme park admission and purchases from 1999 to 2004. I estimate I've spent at least $25,000 on (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company / Call for your signs! (no discussions here please)

I agree with the above letter and sign it! Willy Tschager, Bolzano (Italy), pre 2004 a lot, 2004 not much (20 years ago, 20-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: An alternative open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company

(...) I agree that if you wanted to achieve the same exact effect (ToS violation and all) and reach essentially the same exact audience, this was the course that achieved it. However I feel you should not have wanted to do that. (20 years ago, 20-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: An alternative open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company

(...) Here is where I have the issue--to *you* it's the worst decision the company ever made. Along with the original letter inferring in the english translation that this petition was from 'all' AFOL's (a problem with translation so we're told now, (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company / Call for your signs! (no discussions here please)

Bwahahahaha! I wonder if I should write an open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company asking him to burn this letter you are sending and this whole color issue so Lugnet once more can be about creativity. Who'd sign that? I left this place about a (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: An alternative open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company

(...) And we also have a letter of support. Some AFOLs think it's the worst decision LEGO has ever made, while others support LEGO and their right to make decisions about their own products, even if they disagree with them. (...) If opinions are (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Civil War!

In lugnet.color, Richard Noeckel wrote: [snip - just go back and read it] Alright! At last, some clear sense in this morasse! My legions of Bionicle mutant toa heroes stand ready for battle! They are through with being put down. Their patience is (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company / Call for your signs! (no discussions here please)

Peter Howkins (26), London, United Kingdom, 200ukp in 2003, 50ukp in 2004 (20 years ago, 20-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: An alternative open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company

How pathetic. And not even funny. What’s the point beside showing you’ve already earned a master degree in sucking up? Here we have a petition, Ben’s letter, an attempt to use the growing influence of AFOLs in order to improve our hobby and to help (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company / Call for your signs! (no discussions here please)

(...) 1st, Funny how you can't spell out masterbate & masterbation - IT'S NOT EVEN A SLANG WORD! 2nd, I still see no facts (only opinion) that Ben is a wank. -Patrick (20 years ago, 20-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: An alternative open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company

(...) Please try to refrain from name calling and personal attacks when formulating your responses. To quote a previous post I made: "A little more civility and politeness and a little less vitriol go a long way to having people respect your opinion (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: An alternative open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company

(...) I just wanted my message to be seen by the people who saw his message. I didn't want to just reply to it, because it would be lost among all the other replies. Crossposting the same way he did seemed the only other option. If you can suggest (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: An alternative open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company

(...) Was that changed back because of a letter to the CEO sent by a member of LUGNET? I'm sorry I must have missed that one. Yeah, changing DUPLO was a mistake, and they changed it back. But that was the kind of mistake that affects their core (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: An alternative open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company

(...) I'm not brown-nosing. I'm just disgusted with the way some so-called Adult fans of LEGO act like three-year-olds when the company makes a change they don't agree with. (...) Yeah, they're a company that needs to focus on its core business - (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: An alternative open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company

(...) The only message Ben is sending is that he is a WHINER. LEGO knows that AFOL's are not its main customers, and whatever changes they make or don't make have nothing to do with what AFOL's want. Messages like this just make AFOL's look like (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company / Call for your signs! (no discussions here please)

(...) Dear Orion, I am very sorry about this, but we had not the intention to speak for all AFOLS. How could anybody do so? This was just a single mistranslation and it slipped through the many times the letter got proofread (in fact we worked very (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company / Call for your signs! (no discussions here please)

(...) I've got lots of suggestions for how you worded the letter, but my biggest one--if the letter doesn't fit on one page, revise until it is one page. Try to keep your passion for the color change out of the discussion--because it only makes one (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company / Call for your signs! (no discussions here please)

(...) First, if the packs sold out in days or weeks, not months--perhaps *someone* would notice. If it took 8 months to sell 10,000 packs...that's and average of 42 packs a day. That's not a very rapid fill rate, nor is it something for a (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jan-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact