 Dear LEGO / 5155
Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company / Call for your signs! (no discussions here please)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2005 17:27:36 GMT

I agree to the above letter and sign it: Daniel Jassim, age 31; Lawndale, California, U.S.A.

I spent roughly $2,500 per year on Lego products, including theme park admission and purchases from 1999 to 2004. I estimate I’ve spent at least $25,000 on Lego since 1991. In 2004 I spent roughly $1,500 on Lego, but these purchases were chiefly Lego sets featuring the original colors as well as Brinklink purchases of gray and dark gray parts. I did buy one (1) set featuring the new gray (cost was $9.99), not realizing the colors had changed. I estimate my Lego purchases in 2005 will be significantly less and mainly for older sets and parts in the original colors.

Simply put, the new colors are not compatible with the existing system. The original colors were much better. Here’s my proof...