 Dear LEGO / 5048
Re: parts pack request
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2005 20:42:20 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Christian Treczoks wrote:
Ben Fleskes wrote:
A pack of LEGO parts, one of each color - that's my suggestion.
Hi, Ben,

I thought of such a set, too (although I thought of tiles 2x2 with a
number printed on them, but bricks 2x4 have definitely more style).

Nonetheless, this won't happen, because
a) It would make sense. And ideas that make sense don't come true at TLC
any more.
b) After they once gave a list of their colour numbers and names to the
AFOL public (available e.g. at peeron), the colour list is super-secret
again. They weren't even allowed to tell us the numbers of the
hard-to-identify colours in Jakes list of currently "Universal" colours.
I'ts propably their Angst that the Megablokes might copy bley... (or
might sue TLC because they copied the Megablokes bley?)

Christian,

I'm in favor of you expressing a negative opinion; in fact, I encourage it.
However a better method of disagreeing and a better way to get people to
actually read your dissenting view is to write these thoughts in a
non-sarcastic, non-condescending manner.  A little more civility and politeness
and a little less vitriol go a long way to having people respect your opinion
instead of writing you off as a ranting troll.

-Orion